(I'm new to the forums so hopefully I'm going this right)

I'm from Australia and I got my 16gb N9 with Virgin Mobile, unfortunately they only sell the black version so I was thinking about buying a replacement housing that was cyan because I like that colour better and just fitting it myself (found some YouTube videos that seemed to explain the process pretty well)

Anyway, has anyone bought from the eBay user freetrade21 before? And have you bought an N9 housing from them?

Were they genuine? Did they fit properly?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270928604...#ht_3490wt_991

There's the listing for the housing + USB and SIM doors

I found another user on eBay who sells them who I would be more inclined to trust but they didn't seem to have the cyan colour with the USB and SIM doors

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150766498...84.m1423.l2649

Thanks for any help! Also if you have tips on how to replace the housing then I'd appreciate those too.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I've bought exactly the same one from the seller but haven't received it yet as it would take couple weeks. I will update once it comes through. Anyway by the feedback percent it should be genuine.

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here
  4. System wide file manager support - Vote here

Join the Skype video support on N9 petition on twitter here.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Check the threads over here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82808 and here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83271
digital_supermarkets and komazys on ebay have been verified as good. To be honest I can't imagine there's a lucrative market for fake N9 chassis parts, so you're probably safe with whoever!

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I've ordered also from Komazys and had zero problems, they have cyan and white in stock right now, message them directly on Ebay they respond very quickly and are quite professional.

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
I've ordered also from Komazys and had zero problems, they have cyan and white in stock right now, message them directly on Ebay they respond very quickly and are quite professional.
I messaged komazys and they told me they've only got the white and black Maybe I'll wait or just buy from freetrade21

from my last email to freetrade21 they are buying the new n9 and taking apart to sell parts

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
looks geniune. i want the white one though.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
I received the item today. Looks genuine but the problem is I couldn't do the swap myself as I just couldn't take the screen off no matter how hard I pressed on the suggested spot. Instead I ended up denting the edge of the SIM slot

Guess I have to wait longer. Once I do this with Nokia care hope I will be able to do it myself as the screen now seems kinda jammed?

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here

Its as good as the original if not better .. Now I'm using cyan N9 64 GB thanx to everyone concerned..

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Its as good as the original if not better .. Now I'm using cyan N9 64 GB thanx to everyone concerned..
post pics to conclude thread?