Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by moradeeb View Post
im in uk and updated to pr1.3 in about product it says
version 20.2010.36-2 that is uk right.
Nope, that's the global generic (MR0) firmware.

so what is the difference between them

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
So, downloaded the updater, says I have the latest version (I don't - code is 10.2010.19.1)

Buuuuuut, on the nokia page it says latest version is 20.2010.....

Weird...

Originally Posted by moradeeb View Post
so what is the difference between them
Your guess is as good as mine. Nokia haven't provided any information on this.

Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
So, downloaded the updater, says I have the latest version (I don't - code is 10.2010.19.1)

Buuuuuut, on the nokia page it says latest version is 20.2010.....

Weird...
What version do you have reported in Settings/About Product? If it contains 203/205 then you're on the UK specific firmware and the update hasn't been released yet. If it's just 10.2010.19-1 then you're on the generic firmware and should have received the update - in this case try running "apt-get install mp-fremantle-generic-pr" as root in X Terminal.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
What version do you have reported in Settings/About Product? If it contains 203/205 then you're on the UK specific firmware and the update hasn't been released yet. If it's just 10.2010.19-1 then you're on the generic firmware and should have received the update - in this case try running "apt-get install mp-fremantle-generic-pr" as root in X Terminal.
I am definitely on the UK firmware, but got a text from nokia telling me that updates were available, and to go to nokia.co.uk/softwareupdate

On that screen, it says latest version is 20.2010... etc but after installing nokia updater and doing all that it's now saying latest version is 10.2010, which it PR1.2

I don't really care, slightly annoying that the text sent me there for nothing, but as for the actual update, I can wait...

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
i got the text this afternoon too. Have tried to upgrade OTA but no luck. Don't want to use PC update as i don't want to have to reinstall everything again.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdom
Yes - how ironic. I get an SMS quickly followed by an email this afternoon - 'New software is available for your Nokia N900'.

Check OTA - Nothing.
Check Ovi Software Update Application - Nowt
Check development website - Nada for UK!

Why don't Nokia think before getting peoples hopes up before dashing them. How hard would it to be to add 'except for UK, which will get the update within the next x weeks' to these communications?

Wasn't pr1.1 exactly the same - the UK had to wait weeks extra for the firmware (although IIRC the UK was in the first batch for pr1.2).

The version I got a few days ago was 20.2010.36-2 There was no way of finding out if it was global or UK until the UK one was actually released and someone had it installed and looked at the version.

If the news coming through is correct then the version numbers are exactly the same, which would suggest there is absolutely no difference at all between global and UK. When PR1.2 came out there was the difference in the last few digits extension in the UK. This makes it even more weird that the UK was late in getting the update.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
If you can't get the update with Global firmware then try this:

Disable every repositories, Save.
re-enable Nokia Update repository, save.
click on update

try disable and re-enable repos one by one a few times until you get the UPDATE!!