Notices

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
So far, it appears that there is no decent usenet newsreaders out there to be used on the 770.

This is quite weird, since lots of my digital life relies on newsgroups, and on all of the other platforms such as WM or Palm these programs are regularly found (ok, Yanoff's not a great program, though, but since ever since TUNews was given to the mass we knew that something better was possible :-| ).

Yes, I could read through Google groups, but this means more bytes and the need to be online, no idea whether I read a thread or not etc.

Any port of anything? Ideal would be Pan...

Thanks to all!

Pine's available. Truly horrid though.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
This is somewhat off topic, but I'm curious. What news groups to you find actually pertinent? I stopped reading years ago when the signal to noise ration became pointless. Now its all about RSS and things like that. But even so, I'm thinking if your on here, maybe you know of some good ones I'm missing out on

Originally Posted by ElGatoFlojo
This is somewhat off topic, but I'm curious. What news groups to you find actually pertinent? I stopped reading years ago when the signal to noise ration became pointless. Now its all about RSS and things like that. But even so, I'm thinking if your on here, maybe you know of some good ones I'm missing out on
Speaking only for myself, I still read alt.religion.kibology. I'd probably read it more often if I could store it in my pocket.

Etaoin

comp.lang.python still has a high signal-to-noise ratio, and is highly relevant to the 770 to boot :-)

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by ElGatoFlojo
I usually keep tuned on it.comp.hardware.palmari (that's about PDAs), it.discussioni.leggende.metropolitane (urban legends) plus some local newsgroups... but it's all italian!

Bye