Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
dbBrowser - 0.0.3

Just uploaded to extras-devel a very simple utility to browse sqlite databases on the n900. I created it mainly to help me develop/debug my other applications.

It allows you to browse databases created by other applications or create new sqlite databases and run sql queries against them.
It automatically detects sqlite database files regardless of the filename extension and allows you to browse hidden folders.

Not sure if it will be helpful to non-developers as it is but, if nothing else, some people may find interesting to see what other applications are storing on their phones.

As always, please let me know your comments/suggestions....

Known Issues:
As now you can edit the data in a table but the changes will not be saved to the database.

Notes:

I tried to find a application that I could port to the n900 but didn't find anything suitable:
  • just found this one for the n8?0 but it seems to be written in python
  • QtSqlView is pretty simple but was the closest match to the n900 - unfortunately adapting the UI would be almost as hard as starting again. I copied the SqlHighlighter implementation from it and used it as an inspiration. Timo Bingmann: Thanks!
  • Sqlite Database Browser is probably the most complete I found but it seems to depend on qt3

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-10-05 at 02:45.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Nice work fcrochik. Look forward to seeing this app evolving - saving changes would be nice so we can really screw up our phones

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Sqlite Database Browser is probably the most complete I found but it seems to depend on qt3
The latest version of Sqlite Database Browser seems to depend on Qt 4.6.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
The latest version of Sqlite Database Browser seems to depend on Qt 4.6.
It says on the web site that is based on Qt 4.6. but when I try to compile it on scratchbox I get errors because of the missing "Qt3Support" classes. I assume it uses features from qt4.6. but still has dependencies on the old qt3 support classes.

I tried to install the libqt4-qt3support but it fails (seems that was not updated with the latest qt4.6. release).

At any rate, I don't think it would be possible to port it - it would require a complete revamp of the UI.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
How do I execute an sql statement after I write it? Should there be a button or something?

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
shift+enter work's for me
nice app, help me to work with sql base in my player

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
@fcrochik

In application.cpp, I had to change:

Code:
#else
    m_pMainWindow->show();
#endif
to

Code:
#elif defined(Q_WS_MAEMO_5) || defined(Q_WS_MAEMO_6)
    m_pMainWindow->showMaximized();
#else
    m_pMainWindow->show();
#endif
in order to stop seg faulting on an n900. I'm guessing this has to do with changes in the most recent Qt libraries and/or development tools.

Love the app!

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
@fcrochik

In application.cpp, I had to change:

Code:
#else
    m_pMainWindow->show();
#endif
to

Code:
#elif defined(Q_WS_MAEMO_5) || defined(Q_WS_MAEMO_6)
    m_pMainWindow->showMaximized();
#else
    m_pMainWindow->show();
#endif
in order to stop seg faulting on an n900. I'm guessing this has to do with changes in the most recent Qt libraries and/or development tools.

Love the app!
If that is the case it is a really big bug with Qt. What do you mean by new Qt libraries? CSSU libraries?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
If that is the case it is a really big bug with Qt. What do you mean by new Qt libraries?
Sorry, by new I meant that I'm using QtCreator 2.1 (Feb 2011?) and the Fremantle PR 1.3 SDK that it installs, but the problem persists when using Scratchbox.

The dbbrowser from the last package you created runs fine, it's when I try and rebuild it "as is" that I get the seg fault. Also, it seems that qmake hardcodes some environment-specific stuff into the Makefile, so I had to first blow away the Makefile from dbbrowser_0.0.3-1.diff.gz and let qmake make me a new one.

Anyway, with the one-line change I mentioned above, everything works fine, but I encourage you to see for yourself. Maybe the Makefile shouldn't be part of the source distribution and the debian/rules file should call qmake. Not sure.

CSSU libraries?
No, I'm running a clean PR 1.3.

Im using dbbrowser on sms n900 db and i have a problem:
Does Anybody know how to convert the field storage_time (integer like 1325710163 that contains date and time info) from table 'Events', from el-v1.db, to Datetime format?