Active Topics

Originally Posted by somarf View Post
The movies are averaging 700mb in size, so transferring that over WiFi wouldn't be a problem. And if I'm downstairs and I want to grab some movie / music, I'd like the option to just jump on my external drive and grab what I wanted, not schlep up the stairs, log in, connect cable, look around, drag-drop, wait to finish, etc. Just thought it would be convenient/cool to be connected to it.
Is there a "net use" command for xTerminal, like in DOS?

Originally Posted by ashyk36 View Post
i am connected to wifi but when i go on the media player my network drive does not show up.i do however have my pc and laptop showing up at the bottom of the media player but i am not sharing anything from them
How strange is that...I've had zero problems connecting to my network drive using mac, linux or even vista. I'm pretty sure I haven't made any changes to the settings of my N900 either (regarding that streaming issue), it just works. On the other hand, I have made some changes to the settings of the network drive too long ago to remember what I did .

n900 finds Av servers on your network automaticaly and show in file manager

The Following User Says Thank You to asidana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
n900 finds Av servers on your network automaticaly and show in file manager
Good call...didn't think to look in File Mgr. once connected via Media Player. Now I can copy.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester,UK
on my pc i have to map the drive in 'my computer' so it doesnt make sense that it will just show up

Originally Posted by ashyk36 View Post
on my pc i have to map the drive in 'my computer' so it doesnt make sense that it will just show up
If its part of your "monitored folders" in your media player's library, it will.

no im sorry i do not get anything to my network drive. the past on my computer is: N:\\Belkin\ashy_stik. the only thiong i get on my n900 is shared documents from my computer

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North West England
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
If its part of your "monitored folders" in your media player's library, it will.
Hi. so you're saying that I can instruct my N900's Media Player to monitor folders, and those folders could be on another PC also connected to my wireless router? Something like \\pcname\folder like I do between my own PCs?

I'm not an advanced linux/maemo user so not confident messing around with native string entries.

Originally Posted by itambrose View Post
Hi. so you're saying that I can instruct my N900's Media Player to monitor folders, and those folders could be on another PC also connected to my wireless router? Something like \\pcname\folder like I do between my own PCs?

I'm not an advanced linux/maemo user so not confident messing around with native string entries.
No.

I'm saying that if you share you Windows Media Player Library, and you connect to it via the 900's Media player, that all the folders and files (which will be media and picture) monitored by Windows Media player, will be available to the 900 via the 900's "File Manager".

The Following User Says Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:
yeee butttt then my pc will always need to be turned on.if i can map the drive then i can connect through wifi and not my computer.

like that on windows

Tags
cifs, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, map, mount, network, network drive, network share, samba, share, smb, windows