okay I have mild bugd related to batterry/charging. I couldn't describe it with details, but I may collect any logs you want (I have full acccess to root account on demand as I suppose most people here, but it is not bad to remind). On medium usage and everyday charging temperature is mostly around 40 celsius. My medium usage includes some usage modem mode (via qtMobileHotspot) some fm transmitter usage and mostly 2G network (display show 2.5g). I've been sure I now place my N900 on right of my laptop (on left is mentioned hot air flow). Temperatures are measured on batterry via bnf on single demand measure (no monitoring) and probably through i2c mechanism (idk how bnf work ExactlY). Extremes measured were 32C on colder day and 52C on high hardware usage plus charging but is mostly stable around 40C - and it's summer here (I say it once I realised only quater of earth have summer now and if I were on zero deegrees north - i couldn't remember the earth line name in english - it would be a special case because it would be even hotter than here - temperatures of atmospheric air are mostly below 35C here).

I have some problems with other batterry metters (mostly default nokia one it got confused about the real batterry temporal capacity a few times but else it showed properly). I do not seem to have instabilities separate from sometimes too big temperature to my flavour (but I haven't properly observed my device before since I haven't batterry i2c script and bq module for batterry was default blacklisted and I haven't touched my modules list).

rest would be later.

PS: my device is mostly on 500mhz so i checked the overclocking or always-100-percent-processor-programs are not the issue.

What's supposed to happen when the battery is full?
I have been charging 24h with display on, but the battery icon still shows the charging animation and the yellow Led is on.

Also I have to unlock my sdcard after every reboot to get write permission: chown -R user:users media/mmc1/

Last edited by projekt; 2012-08-05 at 13:00.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
hi

here is my problem : i cannot connect my N900 to the internet but i can download packages manually to my pc . Is there a way to install kernel power through terminal ? And the magnet sensor of keyboard is always giving a closed state .
Sorry if it has been asked before

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@myname24,

download the .deb's directly (go to maemo.org/packages, type kernel-power, and download relevant packages) -- SEE FIRST POST for instructions on how to install them.

Add.: @myname24, please respond here, not per PM. Post the exact output of the dpkg commands you execute. Otherwise nobody can help you.

Last edited by reinob; 2012-08-06 at 08:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
well it didn't work and give me conflicting package with maemo kernel and pre dependecy errors

edit :
Nokia-N900-51-1:~# cd /home/user/MyDocs/kernel/
Nokia-N900-51-1:/home/user/MyDocs/kernel# dpkg -i kernel-powe
r_2.6.28-10power51_armel.deb
dpkg: regarding kernel-power_2.6.28-10power51_armel.deb containing kernel-power:
kernel-power conflicts with kernel-maemo
kernel-maemo (version 2.6.28-maemo19) is present and installed.
dpkg: error processing kernel-power_2.6.28-10power51_armel.deb (--install):
conflicting packages - not installing kernel-power
Errors were encountered while processing:
kernel-power_2.6.28-10power51_armel.deb

Last edited by myname24; 2012-08-06 at 09:13.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@myname24,

Well, then remove kernel-maemo first. It's now obsoleted by kernel-power.

If you also have kernel-flasher-maemo, remove it as well.

Then try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
edit : now works thanks

Last edited by myname24; 2012-08-06 at 09:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
What's supposed to happen when the battery is full?
I have been charging 24h with display on, but the battery icon still shows the charging animation and the yellow Led is on.
See my last few posts about termination_current, and sysfs entries et all.

After another few charging cycles, I've noticed that neither default 150 mA (6550 as sysfs value, when read) nor 50 mA (6500 sysfs) works OK - first one terminates charge too early, without switching VDQ to 1, while latter never terminates it (in case of my dual-cell battery, result for regular ones may wary).

6500 (100 mA) seems to work best - IIRC, it was also default used by BME?
---

As for SD card, no such problems here.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mumbai
Originally Posted by tusharpatel123 View Post
Thanks for this update but am not able to update it neither via HAM nor via XTerminal. Help Pls
Can some1help me with his pls.
Attached Images

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Try to remove the backports-modules package, then retry to update the kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bq2415x_charger, bq27200, kernel-power