Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It is pretty surprising that someone taken seriously by noone else could have played such a role. I think it was more the cumulative effect of all of us, and was probably egged on by MeeGo elitists. Whatever, it's pretty much a guessing game.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm sure he left becouse nokia didn't want to release the n9 as a consumer device. I'm thinking of doing the same...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Carsten, I fully understand your decision... My only hope is you'll still be present as a member of the Maemo/MeeGo community. (Funny... this forum used to be the center of this community once. Long ago.)

You could have done what I did. Ignore. Watching my ignore list grow and grow, I wonder sometimes what's the point of coming here at all. Especially now that the good guys (and the good girl... oh I miss her) were driven away by the stench.

As funny as it may sound: I hope I'll keep enjoying your work.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Really sad to see you go Carsten. I always felt you stepped in and brought order to even the most chaotic of threads. I do understand though. See you on fmc and freenode!
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My opinion is that this site has tremendously improved since Nokia basically left, and the loss of one valued participant doesn't kill the rest of the great things happening.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm sure he left becouse nokia didn't want to release the n9 as a consumer device. I'm thinking of doing the same...
I REALLY hope your totally out of line her but atm. I also begining to wonder :S

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Stskeeps is leaving... that is hard
Thanks for all your work and help and have a nice time.

Sad. Very sad. And it was so obvious from his first day that af*ckface_uk should have been banned for life. Oh well.

See you on the other side!

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
No forum without proper moderation can avoid situations such as this one. By proper moderation I mean that off-topic, offensive, illegal, etc. posts should be removed immediately and users should be punished with 1-day ban for first time, then 7-day ban, and if necessary permanent ban.

I have seen XDA becoming too rotten over years and then proper moderation solved this issue. I am certain it would do good to TMO as well.

Good bye Stskeeps and thank you very much for your work!

Last edited by dwaradzyn; 2011-06-09 at 19:00.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
hey stskeeps \o .. you were an honest community member. Thanks for all the work on maemo, and the current work going on meego.
Good luck

Tags
death to trolls, fish for thanks, stskeeps, thanks for fish, thankyou