Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by Naz_AK47 View Post
Why is there so much hate on this forum
i swear down this is a place of discussion not a keboard gangsta session
some people get offended like they are the creators of the N900.
I am sure at least some of the "hate" is caused by the frustration from waiting for your device while reading the complaints of poorly informed people unable to appreciate their luck.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
i no but its good one way
Everyones facing problems with the n900
imma make a checklist to check my device
hope it is all good

Just got mine today and have been playing with it for an 2 hours. So far this phone is A-FREAKIN-MAZING!

First impression is the phone is solidly constructed, screen is beautiful, space bar placement will take some getting used to but the keyboard feels great. The OS is snappy I have had zero hangups, crashes or even lag. I recorded video, listened to music, made a 30 minute call, kicked out around 20 messages and outputted to the TV. Very slick device.

Now if no one minds too much I am going to go play with my new toy. PS - I also have a Palm Pre, Google G1, MyTouch 3g and a Touch Pro 2. This phone so far has nothing to envy out of any of those phones on first few hours usage.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by vasputin View Post
... if bluetooth connected you will not hear a ring on the phone, you will only hear ring in bluetooth.
That's how my Motorola phone works. I thought that was the norm. No? I guess it would be nice if it could be made to work either way; but no ring if it's on bluetooth, well, is that the norm or is my Motorola abnormal too?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Diavoli View Post
This community is just becoming a place to vent their complaints, what has happened to the community. I bet it wasn't like this with just the first internet tablet users using it.
Ever heard of Mike Cane?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
N97 over N900 holly molly are those prescription drugs or .....
sorry i could not help my self.

if you leave your bluetooth on may as well sleep with it

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Originally Posted by vasputin View Post
A phone should work as a phone first, dont care about multiple desktops if i cant hear when someone is calling me
There was a story on NPR the other day that reported a recent study of cellphone users that found the majority would rather text than talk, and that a 70 word voicemail took about 2 minutes to listen to but only 30 seconds to read.

Voice is so 1876...

The Following User Says Thank You to Eric G For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
There was a story on NPR the other day that reported a recent study of cellphone users that found the majority would rather text than talk, and that a 70 word voicemail took about 2 minutes to listen to but only 30 seconds to read.

Voice is so 1876...
and how long to type 70 words on an n900?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Beijing
Originally Posted by Naz_AK47 View Post
Why is there so much hate on this forum
i swear down this is a place of discussion not a keboard gangsta session
some people get offended like they are the creators of the N900

JD2010
if people wanted the iphone they would have got one like me i wanted it at first but when i found about nokia's n900 i wanted it because it is a Nokia and i have always had a nokia.
Brand loyalty always helps sales.
Well seeing as this is the forum for the people who wrote a lot of the software for the N900 I wouldn't be surprised if they sometimes react strongly to someone saying the product is ****.

It's all about the tone of the conversation, I think everyone understands that you can get very mad when you spend lots of money on something that doesn't work like you expected it. But also, going to the people who made it, saying that it sucks and you don't want it anymore and then expecting a slew of understanding condolences might be a tad optimistic.

How about we look at this a bit more positively. Apparently there are issues with the bluetooth functionality. Has anyone created a bug report for this?

EDIT: wow this forum actually cancels out bad words automatically... technology is so cool!

Last edited by freppas; 2009-12-03 at 03:56. Reason: added reflection

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freppas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post

Voice is so 1876...
... but how many text messages back and forth to complete a conversation? My wife texts more than talk - but sometimes she can be texting for 15 minutes getting annoying that it takes that time when a 30 second 2-way phonecall would have solved the problem. And been cheaper.

The Following User Says Thank You to phedders For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluetooth, fanbois, idiot in noob clothing, noise, nokia n900, ring, screen