Notices

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
Thanks for the confirmation, let's hope it'll get released anytime this week.
It's not because of (mostly) a bug fixing though, it's due to simultaneous lunch on Maemo Select and the Sygic on-line shop, that's what I've been told lately.

Still can't purchase it, however on Sygic store it looks like you won't be able to buy a full Western Europe map if you choose Maemo, and that's a big disappointment to me. You can buy it for Windows Mobile, iPhone, Symbian and Android, but for Maemo you must buy individual European maps.

I hope this will be addressed when the product is available for purchase, but I have a really bad feeling about it

Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
Still can't purchase it, however on Sygic store it looks like you won't be able to buy a full Western Europe map if you choose Maemo, and that's a big disappointment to me. You can buy it for Windows Mobile, iPhone, Symbian and Android, but for Maemo you must buy individual European maps.

I hope this will be addressed when the product is available for purchase, but I have a really bad feeling about it
This would result in me not buying sygic...

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
In case someone missed the information.
SygicOfficial@Twitter:
"Dear Maemo fans, we have sumbitted the app to Nokia Ovi store last Thursday already, waiting for approval.More info/prices/etc. is coming..."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ColonelKilkenny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
I wonder if we'll be able to use the Sygic maps from another platform? Does anyone know if they are compatible across platforms (Android, iPhone, Maemo, Windows Mobile)?
Since I already have the windows mobile version, I would get the Maemo version with the cheapest maps and just transfer my Windows Europe map to it...

-=AC=-

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
it will not end up in ovi store until there is a fix for paid content being got for free via xterminal
so might have to wait a while for this

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
This would result in me not buying sygic...
And for me to love it. I'm happy for the opportunety to just buy a region. But I do think that they should have the option of buying the whole continent (or at least an east or west side of it).

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
it will not end up in ovi store until there is a fix for paid content being got for free via xterminal
so might have to wait a while for this
Let's hope they don't have to vait for Nokia just to put it on sale on their own website...

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Let's hope they don't have to vait for Nokia just to put it on sale on their own website...
I've been wondering about that. I sure hope it will be fixed asap.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
I guess that's the case, since it still says "coming soon" on the Sygic website!

...and again we're waiting for Nokia, weird...

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn