Originally Posted by wazd View Post
Well, basicaly, it's like "speciallist rating". You can ask a person with high karma something and you'll get your answer/help for sure. It's a community thing, not Nokia or IBM
Thanks, I appreciate the clarification.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Reggie, that's a great start to providing useful context. Post-beta and mature releases should, IMO, enjoy additional karma... but are we dependent on an honor system here, or is versioning strictly enforced?
Thanks. See my reply to wazd above: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=16

Last edited by Reggie; 2009-09-10 at 21:53.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by bummer View Post
Is that;

a) "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything"

or

b) "It's a community as long as you agree and like it - if you don't shut up".

Just curious.
c) be a reasonable human being.

Thanks

c) be a reasonable human being.

Thanks
I'll take that as 'a'. Thanks.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Is that;

a) "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything"

or

b) "It's a community as long as you agree and like it - if you don't shut up".

Just curious.
It's simply that your opinion of how well Nokia maintains their apps just gets in the way of the topic at hand and doesn't contribute anything useful towards it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
I'll take that as 'a'. Thanks.
Interpret as you wish, but I deliberately discarded A and wrote my C for a specific reason. Different meaning.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Reggie, that's a great start to providing useful context. Post-beta and mature releases should, IMO, enjoy additional karma... but are we dependent on an honor system here, or is versioning strictly enforced?
Well, versioning can be disregarded - every project has maturity in its settings.

P.S. This is also a quote to wazd's post.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2009-09-10 at 21:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
It's simply that your opinion of how well Nokia maintains their apps just gets in the way of the topic at hand and doesn't contribute anything useful towards it.
It just that it made my stomach turn a bit when I see a post from qgil (who I BELIEVE is a Nokia employee) starting a post about community developed applications and highlighting fluff like " but at the end are the dvelopers who carry with a lot of the hard work. Let's praise them!" - when at the same time they are unable to even keep their own developed applications updated - and/or come out with new ones.

Now...If Nokia would actually pay these developers (based on some Karma system) then I think that would be a fantastic idea and I'd cheer along.

So to me, it was apt.

It's helpful to separate roles. Assuming Quim as a Nokia employee is directly responsible for unfinished or unsupported official apps is disingenuous and counterproductive.

can we move on?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
It's helpful to separate roles. Assuming Quim as a Nokia employee is directly responsible for unfinished or unsupported official apps is disingenuous and counterproductive.

can we move on?
Well, I WAS going to send him a private message asking who/where I can send inquiries to about support for Nokia developed applications...but it turns out that I got this message:

qgil has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

A somewhat interesting choice by someone who in his profile says:

Hi! I work in the Maemo SW team advocating for open source. In practice this means I'm responsible of promoting peace, love and intelligence at maemo.org + all our relationships with free software projects and the community in general.

I guess that doesn't extend to private messages.

Last edited by bummer; 2009-09-10 at 22:13.

Tags
application karma, brainstorm, developers, downloads, karma, karma from applications, maemo.org