Active Topics

from what ive read in other threads and buddies of mine is that meego will be like an option to changes OS'S on the 900..this could be incorrect.. but lets say u do flash or download meego or whatever.. upon this will i loose files saved on my device along with apps...i know u can run a backup but since ur changing OS'S will u have to save the back up to ur ext storage

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by markyt23 View Post
...lets say u do flash or download meego or whatever.. upon this will i loose files saved on my device along with apps...i know u can run a backup but since ur changing OS'S will u have to save the back up to ur ext storage
If you have to ask this, you should not be considering installing an early version of MeeGo anyway.

Please, pay some attention to what is said. Read johnel's post #4 in this thread. It will be a very basic build of MeeGo initially intended for developers only. Also read the wiki linked in his signature and referenced again by qgil in post #10. Use the search function. Then ask questions.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jobyzjohn View Post
Thanks Everyone for the update on Meego.
Regarding the Apps .. Not many are released. I see many games and applications in the extra-devel. still not yet released for the end-user.

I love my N900 and wish to see lots of apps coming up soon. Waiting for them
The problem is more of the testing (well at least for extras-testing). Alot of applications are stuck in testing right now due to insufficient votes to get them into extras. For extras-devel it's up to the developer to decide when his/her app is ready. Some developers may not bother past the initial "it works good enough for me".

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

sheesh im lazy shoot me.. i would love to read everyones post.when i have ample time us techies really just need to say yes or no smh

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
I have updated the wiki to include this citation :

That said, please do not take this yet as a commitment to fully productise MeeGo on N900. I am quite confident that we will end up having a really good developer distro for N900 already but committing to stabilise a consumer-grade MeeGo 1.0 (first half this year) for N900 is another story. That is a product business decision beyond my scope. Also, we do not yet know about MeeGo 1 release content. I am not yet sure if I would be personally ready to let my Maemo5 go for the first MeeGo release in my daily N900 use.

see : http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_re...or_my_N900_.3F

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mandor For This Useful Post:

Tags
confused, fud, really confused, solved