Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Don't be so hard on the guy, there's no need for insults. He's entitled to try and sell his devices at whatever price he likes. Just because you and I won't buy it, it doesn't mean nobody else will. In fact, there are at least three collectors of rare phones and prototypes on this forum that I know of: n950, Rusnak-COBRA and DirkDagger.

lil_phoenix, I suggest private messaging each of them to see if they are interested. You may not be able to send private messages until you have made at least 5 posts.

Is just me or has there been a significant increase in the amount of bickering on TMO lately?

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Don't be so hard on the guy, there's no need for insults. He's entitled to try and sell his devices at whatever price he likes. Just because you and I won't buy it, it doesn't mean nobody else will. In fact, there are at least three collectors of rare phones and prototypes on this forum that I know of: n950, Rusnak-COBRA and DirkDagger.

lil_phoenix, I suggest private messaging each of them to see if they are interested. You may not be able to send private messages until you have made at least 5 posts.

Is just me or has there been a significant increase in the amount of bickering on TMO lately?
Thanks for the heads up my friend.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lil_phoenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by lil_phoenix View Post
Please send me a reasonable OFFER and I will consider it. Thanks.
Your answer is pretty funny, since I don't think this device is worth 2500$.
Imo, a good price for him, according it was sold at 870$ few years ago, it has an outdated hardware when it was sold, and there is not updates anymore but there eren't many device units produced is more around 250$.

But well, if anybody is ready to spend 2500$ in a collector phone, I still have an old motorola from the 90's sold in France, I'm pretty sur there weren't many units of him produced and not destroyed !

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Your answer is pretty funny, since I don't think this device is worth 2500$.
Imo, a good price for him, according it was sold at 870$ few years ago, it has an outdated hardware when it was sold, and there is not updates anymore but there eren't many device units produced is more around 250$.

But well, if anybody is ready to spend 2500$ in a collector phone, I still have an old motorola from the 90's sold in France, I'm pretty sur there weren't many units of him produced and not destroyed !
Your logic and reasoning is pointless. Any device which is not current will have outdated hardware. The phone that was sold a few years ago was USED and banged up. This phone is BRAND NEW straight from the box. The reason for pricing is for its' rarity not because it has the latest bells and whistles. I don't think you understand Marketing 101 so you better move on.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lil_phoenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
And so ? Mine is also rare by now, and in good condition. So if anyone wants to add it to its collection, why not bying it at 2500$ ?
Whatever you think I understand. Even because they are rare devices, I don't think it's a reasonable price, but this is only my opinion.

You are writing here that they are brand new. However on the back of the black one, there are some traces. About the pictures of the screen, there are the same on both annonce, so I can't say which one is on which pict. On one of them, they are some trace on the front face. Maybe these are only finger traces or part of dust, but on the picts, they don't seem to be in mint condition.

But well, since "I don't understand Marketing 101", I'll move on instead of having pointless logic and reasoning here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
https://youtu.be/L3dxMGzt5mU

This thread reminded me of this ..... his last sentence is perfect 😂😂

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
And so ? Mine is also rare by now, and in good condition. So if anyone wants to add it to its collection, why not bying it at 2500$ ?
Whatever you think I understand. Even because they are rare devices, I don't think it's a reasonable price, but this is only my opinion.

You are writing here that they are brand new. However on the back of the black one, there are some traces. About the pictures of the screen, there are the same on both annonce, so I can't say which one is on which pict. On one of them, they are some trace on the front face. Maybe these are only finger traces or part of dust, but on the picts, they don't seem to be in mint condition.

But well, since "I don't understand Marketing 101", I'll move on instead of having pointless logic and reasoning here
No one cares about your opinion. I don’t care if you have a million old Motorola phones. Just don’t co*k block other people’s business. Seems you have nothing else better to do with your time.

The Following User Says Thank You to lil_phoenix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
https://youtu.be/L3dxMGzt5mU

This thread reminded me of this ..... his last sentence is perfect 😂😂
Exactly your point!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lil_phoenix For This Useful Post:
I would be interested in buying a Turing Phone (since the Cabanza seems to be a myth), but apart from the high price, I was also sad to read that there won't be any possibility to update to Sailfish 3.0 and on...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
So any news regarding updates on a Turing phone? Any tweak to make it update further?

I have the first Jolla Phone and it gets all updates even 6 years after release! But I would be interested in a more powerful device that also has all features and updates.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post: