Notices

Pretty much what the title says. I have it installed, but no matter where I look, I can't see to find the icon for it.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Alabama
I believe it is command line only. Install KMplayer for an icon.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Better remove it, it is not optified and takes 18MB space in root.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
And it s not available in extras. You shouldn't install extras-devel and extras-testing repository if you don't know how to launch an application from xterm.

Ya, this is a disclaimer, but as the current maemo player can't read not encrusted subtitle, i can understand that you require mplayer.

If you know how to use a terminal, launch it ... go to your movie folder (by using cd). And type 'mplayer mybeautifulmovie.avi'

That's it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Khertan, thanks a lot for the disclaimer, as many people unfortunately do not warn users on -testing and -devel. :-(
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=343619

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
And it s not available in extras. You shouldn't install extras-devel and extras-testing repository if you don't know how to launch an application from xterm.

Ya, this is a disclaimer, but as the current maemo player can't read not encrusted subtitle, i can understand that you require mplayer.

If you know how to use a terminal, launch it ... go to your movie folder (by using cd). And type 'mplayer mybeautifulmovie.avi'

That's it
Mind showing me an example of how to use cd?

It would also be nice if somene can link me to a guide for using x terminal.

Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
Mind showing me an example of how to use cd?

It would also be nice if somene can link me to a guide for using x terminal.
Maybe, this will help.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/01...-the-terminal/

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Is gmplayer optified?

There isn't gmplayer included, and no mplayer isn't optified

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
I created a very simple front end "SiB" for MPlayer on N900 which works quite similar to GMPlauncher which came with the pre-N900 MPlayer. It scans folders for video files and stores individual resume positions.

Even if MPlayer is not optimised for the N900 yet I still prefer it over the Media Player as it supports subtitles and can be controlled via keyboard.

If you like to try you can find it on extras-devel, but please don't go there if you don't know what your doing and don't want to break your shiny new gadget!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to plastik For This Useful Post: