Active Topics

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
It was 59 euros for me at that time.

i just want to get hold of the nexus 4 and hack a clock and notifications onto the screen saver thingy

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I just want a Galaxy note lll with a 6,3 inch screen and go around and talk in it all they long.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Looks great. Let hope they deliver it with Tizen also. Looks like the old phones

http://sammyhub.com/2013/01/02/gt-b7...lished-by-fcc/

Just noticed that you get 2 for 1 sygic maps android now if anyone of you are interested to buy one and give away to a friend or split cost. Between you.

http://www.sygic.com/en

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Just noticed that you get 2 for 1 sygic maps android now if anyone of you are interested to buy one and give away to a friend or split cost. Between you.

http://www.sygic.com/en
Sadly, I tried Sygic on Android. I wasn't very impressed at all. I preferred Google Maps or Waze. The only advantage to Sygic is that it can pre-download all its maps and even that is barely an advantage when Google Map and Waze cache a LOT of mapping data and Google Maps lets you download a pretty healthy chunk of map area ahead of time. Tom Tom is now available too and it looks like it might be an even better competitor with more information available--but I still have yet to try that out on Android (since there's no free/demo trial available).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
It also notifies about speeding cams. Google needs to improve the implemention traffic control and countdowns to targets during navigation.

I think its better on navigating for long runs. But the maps are defenetly not better. Google has newer maps.

Still, consider sygic's high price tag - it's not worth the price tag.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-01-04 at 09:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
<sarcasm>Didn't see this coming</sarcasm>

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/13/01/...-free-software

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
<sarcasm>Didn't see this coming</sarcasm>

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/13/01/...-free-software
According to some of the comments at the link, it came as far back as 2009. Put a more direct way, the SDK has always been closed; this certainly isn't a new development.

While the SDK may be closed the OS is still under a FOSS license.

Corrections are appreciated where appropriate.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
It also notifies about speeding cams. Google needs to improve the implemention traffic control and countdowns to targets during navigation.

I think its better on navigating for long runs. But the maps are defenetly not better. Google has newer maps.

Still, consider sygic's high price tag - it's not worth the price tag.
Actually, in BOTH regards, Waze is far, far more accurate--surprisingly so and it seems to have VERY prompt updates and changes to the route based on incidents even in my daily real-world use. I actually find myself using Waze FAR more than Google Maps for my commuting, but the interface, instructions and exit listings are far nicer on Google Maps. In either case, both are free to download and use and make Sygic's cost very difficult to justify.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy