Yesterday a new nice application for battery monitoring came to Extras-Testing repository: Battery-Eye.

I've installed it and found that It continuously monitors the battery consumption, even when the phone is off.

I've taken a screenshot and I'm trying to draw some conclusions.

- First of all, it takes about 2 hours for charging completely (in the graph, from 22:50 pm to 1 am)
(good, if compared to many other phones)

- My battery can't recharge completely (rechargeing stops at 90-95%)
(too bad, damn!)

- After the charging stops, the phone starts consuming battery even if it the charger is plugged in (from 1 am to 8:45 am)
(very bad, what if I let the phone one day in charghing? I will find the battery half-consumed?)

- A reboot consumes a lot of battery (from 10:50 to 11 am)
(normal)

- Playing Angry Birds consumes battery heavily . (from 21:45 pm to 22:50 pm of the 8th Feb.) Playing Angry Birds while connected to a wifi network will completely kill a full battery in 4h.
(understandable...)

I'll keep this thread up-to-date with more screenshots and analysis of my battery consumptions.

-

Last edited by torpedo48; 2010-02-08 at 11:09. Reason: Added details to screenshot

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Interesting - I installed this a day or two, and have some somewhat odd results.

Yesterday, the phone charged up overnight and remained pretty-much fully charged from 3AM to about noon (I'm a late starter at the weekend), whereas last night it charged up at about the same time, but immediately started dropping off. You can also see the change in discharge rate when full-time MfE checks kick in.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Interesting - I installed this a day or two, and have some somewhat odd results.

Yesterday, the phone charged up overnight and remained pretty-much fully charged from 3AM to about noon (I'm a late starter at the weekend), whereas last night it charged up at about the same time, but immediately started dropping off. You can also see the change in discharge rate when full-time MfE checks kick in.
Very very interesting. Why our phones discharge themselves? Can you remember what has been changed in your phone between the 2 screenshots?

I think there were one or two updates to apps yesterday, but nothing major's changed. My understanding is that the phone should charge up to near full, then discharge to about 90%, then charge again (rather than trickle charging at near full, which is not as good for the battery). I'll see how it does tonight anyway.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I think there were one or two updates to apps yesterday, but nothing major's changed. My understanding is that the phone should charge up to near full, then discharge to about 90%, then charge again (rather than trickle charging at near full, which is not as good for the battery). I'll see how it does tonight anyway.
In your second screenshot it seems that your phone charged up to 95% and then discharged to 80%, not 90%. Were you using your phone?
BTW I've just changed my main post's image with a more detailed one.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I noticed the drop after the phone charged whilst still being plugged in as well this morning. I thought that was a little odd.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
In your second screenshot it seems that your phone charged up to 95% and then discharged to 80%, not 90%. Were you using your phone?
BTW I've just changed my main post's image with a more detailed one.
That's right - it dropped off a long way. What I meant was that the intended behaviour should be to discharge only to about 90% before charging. I'm not entirely sure how battery-eye is measuring this though, as most battery meters fail to pick up any changing information while the device is charging.

I have this issue when using wifi...

im turning on wifi...use for 10 minute and then turn off...after that my battery drain fast..even on standby...with 2 hours from 30% drain to 10%...

only way that i can find for solve this problem is reboot...every time i do reboot and then my battery remain very good...

--------------------
So i think if u r using wifi might be related

Here it is a new screenshot.

The last line has been drawed in the graph while my phone was connected to a wifi network with automatic refresh of emails every 15mins.

I've tried to extend the hours grid and...

As you can see, my phone would be able to stay connected to wifi and refresh mails every 15 mins for about 23/24h.

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
and how much battery das battery-eye use?
noticeable?

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post: