Notices

Alright, let me get a few things straight since none of the posts in this thread is very clear on the subject.

Root privileges are not required to install this, however the original game disc is, because you need to copy DUKE3D.GRP from there.

Plug in your cell phone and select "Mass storage mode". Once you are browsing your cell phone's storage, create a directory named Duke3D in the root directory and copy DUKE3D.CFG over from the game's disc. Sync and unmount the phone's storage (Safely Remove Hardware on Windows), launch an X Terminal (there should be one installed by default on Maemo 5), and type the following inside your home directory (which is where you are left by default when the terminal opens):

Code:
mkdir share && ln -s ../MyDocs/Duke3D/DUKE3D.GRP share/duke3d.grp

At this point you should be able to run the game without any further issues (other than the configuration, that is). If you want to setup the game, the configuration file can be found in /usr/share/duke3d/duke3d.cfg, but you need root for that.

Last edited by Choom; 2010-12-05 at 19:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Choom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Castle Rock, CO. USA
got my BT keyboard and mouse hooked up. Working on getting The Duke all configured.

ROCK ON!

EDIT: Anyone know the mapping for left click and right click from a mouse? Ive got the rest of the keys working, but cannot get the left click to map to fire

Final edit: I just had to edit the /home/user/.duke3d/duke3d.cfg file
MouseButton0 = "Fire"
MouseButtonClicked0 = ""

You can make MouseButton1 and 2 do whatever you want too.

Last edited by cyapalmos; 2011-01-28 at 02:58. Reason: additional comment

bloody fantastic.
got it working with my redistributed version of duke3d. first install worked a charm. also the controls a tricky but still. hopefully i can get the mouse/keyboard to work.

many thanks to all whom got this bad boy running.

duke nukem forever

Tags
nuclear warfare, nuking people = fun