Notices

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
makes a great combo with shorcutd (shutter long press) for quick app launching.

great app thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Put the command in shotcutd and malfunctions. If I run it on console works fine.

Do you plan to support use in portrait mode?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Would be nice if I could launch the program also by tapping it on the list. Now it only accepts "enter" key as launcher.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
I've created a standalone app out of Nicolai's awesome app-search-widget with some modifications so that it can be hooked up to D-Bus scripts or hotkeys and used for keyboard shortcuts:

http://maemo.org/packages/view/app-search-app/

The app-search-app does not have a launcher icon and does not appear in the application list, but should be called from a script, like this:

Code:
/opt/app-search-app/app-search-app
The app UI is keyboard-friendly (discard the dialog with Backspace on the empty entry box, select with Enter and move between apps in the list with Left/Right and Up/Down while still being focused on the entry list). Useful with D-Bus scripts or something. I'm personally using modified-hildon-desktop with a slight modification (similar to this patch, only with "o" instead of "x" and the path to app-search-app instead of xterm) that maps the "o" key on the Desktop to this app, so I can just go to the Desktop, hit "o" and then start typing the app name and hit enter

And yes, the app is missing from the user/ section on purpose, and does not have an icon in the launcher, because it only makes sense if added to scripts (for everything else, you can use the original app-search-widget).
Is it possible to launch it without going to desktop? For instance with a keyboard shortcut like CTRL + L from any application you're using?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Is it possible to launch it without going to desktop? For instance with a keyboard shortcut like CTRL + L from any application you're using?
Yes, if you patch hildon-desktop or use modified-hildon-desktop with the D-Bus scripts. Instructions should be around somewhere here on the forums - use the search feature

@thp

Thanks. I will try that then.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
That's what I wanted. App search widget was always buggy to me (anyone using that widget? Can you confirm it?).

But I can launch this app, search but the selected app is not launched on tapping. Anyone have same problem? I am using latest CSSU testing flavor.