Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Woah-oh I'm an alien,
I'm a legal alien,
I'm an N9 in New York.

My website

GitHub

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
What happened to Ericsson? I miss him, and I heard he got the device.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm slowly but surely proving that one wrong. I do require assistance though. Only so much I can do... and then from there, only so much I can have on my plate. I'd rather get folks in contact with the right people that have the stock and will ship to them directly without me in the middle. Just seems more trustworthy that way.

Thanks.
I meant I already asked the authorised dealers, they will not ship overseas. Same goes for regular handphone shop dealers, that is if they have the N9, many dont. I dont trust 3rd party online merchants in Msia, still prefer brick & mortar shop where I can check the device 1st before buying

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2011-10-21 at 16:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
I meant I already asked the authorised dealers, they will not ship overseas. Same goes for regular handphone shop dealers, that is if they have the N9, many dont. I dont trust 3rd party online merchants in Msia, still prefer brick & mortar shop where I can check the device 1st before buying
And that's who I've been approaching. Found one brick and mortar in Dubai, a place I would have never found any other way, that has the N9 and has sold us - to date - 4 N9's in total. All 4 have shown up in the US, two are already in the hands of folks.

I'm now trying to get the price down some more and work out a shipment deal - like they could use my FedEx account perhaps and just drop it.

Not sure what you're getting at, I know the Nokia stores won't do a damn thing to help us - look at the people from Nokia that actually took a second to answer something here. They cannot help, or perhaps will not.... but it's a given that Nokia won't do a damn thing to help us out.

And so I have to be a bit more creative, hit around the bushes in ways I'd rather not do; then make sure that the method, the cost and the retailer will follow through on their word with a connection local that can walk in, raise some hell if need be.

That's the sort of connection(s) I'm looking for now. I thought it were apparent, I hope that it is now. And thank you for your efforts and information.

Trust me, each bit is helpful.

Last edited by gerbick; 2011-10-21 at 17:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
This REALLY feels like the final days of Atari and Commodore. :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It's like we're trying to buy pieces of the late berlin wall.

Limited pieces available! An historic milestone! Not to be repeated, folks!

An end of an era...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
jesus it already reach 4000$ in ebay.

it mean people are really paying 1000$ for it.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Dude. Just imagine if I'm underwhelmed. Or worse... I declare WP7 better.

I'm on a one-man mission to Espoo if that happens.
well...i have to admit. i have been playing with wp7.5 the last cople of days....and android.

funny,

android seems unpolished
meego - fluid
ios - simple
wp7.5 - polished and has a "posh" feel to it. but does nothing. lol.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
This thread is so bizarro. Insane disconnect with Nokia's quaterly losses report yesterday and reading this thread where people are desperately trying to find a way to buy a Nokia phone.

No wonder my that my brothers best friend, 20 years at Nokia and upper mid-level manager, is trying to get himself fired with a 100k euro severance package from Nokia despite not being listed on Elopcalypse slaughter list. You gotta be an idiot to wanna work for this corporation.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
This REALLY feels like the final days of Atari and Commodore. :P
I was wondering what this reminded me of. Thanks for pointing that out. Nokia downfall really resembles that of Commodore. OPK/Elop contra Gould/Ali.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Success #2 & #3. Out of four that were dispatched from Dubai, 3 out of 4 are in the hands of the intended owners. Each of them are incredibly happy.

The last one from Dubai is meant to be in my hands by first of this coming week. Australia both have shipped, so friends #5 and #6 are waiting - problem is one of them bought a SGS II, so there might be an extra Black 16gb in my possession here shortly.

Mexico is still pending.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop