Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Its become a.class issue in europe. Well to do have iPhones, and not so well to do have Nokia's.
It's the complete opposite in the UK, the iPhone is a chav status symbol.

Research has shown the iPhone demographic to be low-skill, low-pay, low standard of education.

This is consistent with what I see in my own workplace, all the iPhones belong to the staff on the factory floor. Management have Symbian, Blackberry or Android.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This thread has run so far downhill, anything will be considered up from this...

Can we go back to some semblance of an adult conversation again?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'd say that Levi's would be a study on marketing hype. Nothing special about the 501 jeans... but the hype surrounding it made each and every person in Europe that knew when I was coming there to request for a pair or three on my trips from the US.
That must have been quite awhile ago, since it was old news and no longer true when I moved to Russia in 2001.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Exactly. Read the article, it's FUD. Or since you obviously need to be fed: WP8 won't have AD = false.
Any citation for what you're saying would be appreciated.

I know why you are so whiny....you just jealous that iphone users have more....wait...more lovers!!!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sm...-1225903964497
Or... iPhone users are more likely to be sad, desperate souls that have to resort to computer dating.

They probably then spend the whole evening boring their date by trying (and failing) to demonstrate Siri so they don't even get a sh*g out of it either.

what do NOKIA users have? more headaches, lagginess, stuttering, interferes with ones love life
An attention span long enough to learn how to use a real smartphone.

From what I understand W8 *will* have AD.
It's Windows-RT (ARM flavor) that will *not* have AD.

So intel tablets should have AD. Time will tell.

PS: does that mean iPhone users have more STDs? (sorry gerbick, couldn't resist!)

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This thread has run so far downhill, anything will be considered up from this...

Can we go back to some semblance of an adult conversation again?
Sure. Nokia stock now at 3.64. Last 4 days have been a steady decline.

I had some much believe in Nokia. I thought they would turn it around. But they are doing one bad thing after the other. The only good news for ages was the Pure View. With Symbian gone, vaporized from the face of the earth, during the next quarter, there is no hope for the 808 either. It will be like the N9, a nice try that could have been excellent.

And now Apollo is the new and shiny. Apollo will change everything. Please someone enlighten me, how will Apollo change everything, and why should it be a good thing for Nokia? It effectively means all Lumias will be obsolete within a few months. This is disaster.

The only thing surprising about the Apollo rumors is the Elop himself didn't announce it and how great it would be so that it could officially kill Lumia sales and further batter the share price.

did i say they are in first place? I said close. Reread my post before misinterpreting what i said. You don't make any sense.
My point was that it's without any evidence, you cannot provide the numbers to come to the conclusion that it will come "close to first". You are right I should have written close to first but the point still stands. Here is an example where even combining does not shift anything close to first.

Phone A 50,000
Phone B 25,000
Phone C 10,000
Phone D 5,000
Phone E1 2,500
Phone F1 2,000
Phone G 1,980
Phone E2 1,900
Phone F2 1,500

now combine E1 and E2 and F1 and F2 and see how much that changes the table. Not much at all. You can completely ignore F2 and E2 entirely and the standings will be the same.The point was that the only thing you can deduce from that list without numbers is that combining F1 with F2 and E1 with E2 will mean E1 is still higher. There is no evidence that F1 and F2 would be close to first in a list without numbers. Yet you are ready to believe it is based on nothing but faith.

Last edited by Cue; 2012-04-23 at 20:23.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Or... iPhone users are more likely to be sad, desperate souls that have to resort to computer dating.

They probably then spend the whole evening boring their date by trying (and failing) to demonstrate Siri so they don't even get a sh*g out of it either.
Yeah, we're much better, we get straight down to business
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66470

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen