Hello,

I lurk here since the Internet Tablet Talk days and I'm also an occasional contributor to the Sailfish OS community (zram on jolla1, restore swipe to lock patch, etc...).

I tried to post three times a week or so ago to the other Xperia X Compact thread, but I guess my posts ended in moderation. Let's hope this post goes through.

I've developed a compatibility layer that permits to run official Sailfish X images on the Xperia X Compact. I've been using it on my daily driver since April with success.

This has been designed to be OTA-safe, and so far every upgrade I made worked nicely (2.1.3 -> 2.1.4 -> 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1).

This has been in the works for some time, and now that I've finally polished-up the patching script and tested the 2.2.1 OTA upgrade I'm confident that this thing does work decently

An official Sailfish X for the Xperia X Single Sim (f5121) is required. If you have a valid license you can also run 3rd-party content such as Alien Dalvik, Text Prediction, etc.

For more details on how this thing works, and how to patch an image here: https : // github.com/g7/sailfishx-patcher-f5321

Eugenio