Notices

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
@tgalal @CepiPerez
What about including this wonderful notification icon by default instead of the actual one? I think all green looks way better than the green/white one.

How would it look on App Screen? Cuz by default all Harmattan Icons are in squarcles.

Edit: My bad I see what U mean!

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-10-08 at 16:38.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
How would it look on App Screen? Cuz by default all Harmattan Icons are in squarcles.
No, this is the icon showed in the notification bar, not the application icon.

EDIT: Look at this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68216150/20...8_18-42-24.png
Attached Images

Last edited by Hariainm; 2012-10-08 at 16:46.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Credit me if you use my work
I 'm sorry, I should read and think before i random poste shi..
You're great Hariainm

Last edited by B3Punch3D; 2012-10-08 at 17:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B3Punch3D For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
@tgalal @CepiPerez
What about including this wonderful notification icon by default instead of the actual one? I think all green looks way better than the green/white one.

I agree, the current notification Icon doesn't look good.
But I disagree we should replace it by a green one because of one reason: If you look at all the other notification icons (email, sms, chat message) they all are blue. I know Wazapp color is green (though not the tone you chose), but I think we should go for system consistency. And I think the blue icon still differentiates enough to be recognized as Wazapp notification icon (circle bubble, telephone glyph inside).

Also the same applys to the icon in the low power screen: The Wazapp icon is green (and has a border rather than a filled background which was purposely chosen to differentiate it from the WhatsApp icon).
The default style for other notification icons on the low power screen is white.

So to correct these "problems" (or better: inconsistencies) I created some replacement icons (btw, I also included a green status notification icon in case the devs disagree on my color argumentation but I chose the right color tone).

(The icon for the low power screen isn't visible on the white/light background in this forum but it's there. )
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
All answers to your questions are here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Wazapp

@Tarek: if you read this, could you change the "more details"-link on wazapp.im to the wiki? This would make life much easier
I read it, but I don't understand what I should to do. Can anyone tell me?

edit. My friend invited me to the group. The group has many members, but when someone sends a message to the group, so I do not see who the message is sent. What should I do?

Last edited by touby; 2012-10-08 at 19:05. Reason: clerical error

Hi Everyone,

I'm facing the following issues with Cepi new build (04102012):

1. Wazapp stops working when I try to create a group, just after clicking the "Create" button (which disappears afterwards) as shown in the screenshot.

2. Group names are not displayed. Instead, I get the "Fetching group subject..." as in the below screenshot.

3. Text messages can't be sent or received. (Yes ... I can send and receive media files but not text messages!!!)

4. The delivery icon remains red and never becomes green even when I'm 100% sure that the other person has received my message.

Not sure but I found noting about these "issues" in the Wiki.

Thanks in advance.....
Attached Images

Last edited by saeedos; 2012-10-08 at 19:52.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by touby View Post
I read it, but I don't understand what I should to do. Can anyone tell me?

edit. My friend invited me to the group. The group has many members, but when someone sends a message to the group, so I do not see who the message is sent. What should I do?
Just install the latest development-version, there it works.

Last edited by Leinad; 2012-10-08 at 20:07.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by saeedos View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm facing the following issues with Cepi new build (04102012):
Not sure but I found noting about those two "issues" in the Wiki.

Thanks in advance.....
Already tried to remove wazapp, delete/rename .db-file (delete folder or all wazapp related files// save your .db if you delete it..) and reinstall + reboot ?!

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
I have some "bug reports" and enhancement request:

1) When I set "(no sound)" for group messages (probably the same applys for personal messages) no sound is played when a new message arrives (correct behaviour). But when I open the conversation and another message arrives the simple "chat" sound is played. I think this chat sound should only be played when the user selects a normal sound for incoming messages. If "(no sound)" is selected, Wazapp should be mute in any case (for the specific setting: group or personal message).

2) When I type a message the auto correction behaviour is slightly different than in the default Message App and other input fields. In the default behaviour when there are several suggestions for a typed word I can tap on the underlined word and I get a selection of the suggestions (or I can add the word to the dictionary when there are no suggestions). Also after selection a suggestion I can tap on the corrected word again and can choose the original typed word or other suggestions.
In Wazapp when I click the underlined word the cursor is placed at the position I tapped. Therefore none of the described default features is available.
I remember this "bug" wasn't present in the early versions. Was this changed intentionally or is this really a bug?

3) When syncing contacts I would like the contact images to be updated, too. Because if I add or change a contact picture in the Contacts App, the changed aren't reflected in Wazapp. Also I think it would be nice if you could choose wheter you want to see contact picture the user defined for WhatsApp (default if available) or if you only want to see the contact images from your own contacts (but none if not available, even when a WhatsApp picture is available).

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
high cpu usage (by pulseaudio process(es)) only when wazapp is on, yes. went back on 1509, because I'm bit tired of constantly checking the consumption... as soon as I've went back on 1509 the idle consumption is at normal level (16mA), and only this one pulseaudio process (my mistake - this output You've asked me to write is when 1509 was on)... each time I go on 1909, 2009 or 2109 idle consumption goes 35mA (restarting wazapp or rebooting helps for a while), and each time I go back to 1509 consumption normalises at 12-18mA - it's got to be due to something new implemented in 1909 version of Wazapp and on... I suspect those notification sound settings...
I am suffering also from this problem. I read through several pages back and came to a conclusion that this problem is only with some users. This correct?

As with Zelig my consumption got high after going for 1909 or upwards. Also, at least 9 out of 10 wazzap crashes on me if I make or aswer a call. My consumption is constantly at least 40 now and pulseaudio and wazzap always running at 2-5%. Restarting wazzapp is always only a temporary fix.

Tried completely removing and reinstalling but no help. Also deleted the db per wiki instructions.

If this is problem only for some, read something also about being related to fastern9 as someone reported, and if no fix exists yet, does somebody still know where to get the old 1509 build? Cepis link on this post doesn't work anymore http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...16#post1267116

Great job developers on making this possible. Thank you

Last edited by Boxeri; 2012-10-08 at 20:15. Reason: typos

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp