There are two problems with the GPE calendar on my 770 with 2006 latest os.
First, the time in the calendar is 5 hours ahead of the clock time. So at the clock time of 10:00am, I set a 11:00am event,it reports a warning message "event starts in the past, save anyway?", Also, when I sync the GPE calendar with google calendar, the events in GPE calendar are five hours later than those in the google calendar. I think it is a timezone issue. I set the language and region as english and us. I choose the home city as new york. So, what's wrong with my setting? BTW, the clock program shows corret time.

Second issue is related to the alarm in the calendar. It always crash whenever the alarm is activated by an event. For example, "if I set a calendar event, and I want to be warned when it is about to happen, I set an alarm, let's say it will be triggered 5 minutes before 12.30.

As soon as the clock switches from 12.24 to 12.25, GPE Calendar will crash. Launch it again and it'll crash again. Launch it a second time and it'll work."

I need to use the calendar a lot. Please help me out! Thanks very much!

No answers yet. I wonder if none of you experience similar problems or we just don't have solutions? Thanks!

I wish I could help you. I just trying to figure out how to sync.

Thanks.
I am using Erminig to sync between the calendar and google calendar. It works good.
Hope you can find out the solutions.

The problem is that GPE doesn't know your timezone.
One way GPE can get this info is through the TZ environment variable.
You could render your tablet unusable trying to get this variable set in the init scripts.

I edited /etc/timezone and all was well with the time zone problems I was having elsewhere. Maybe that can help you too?

Thanks very much for the information. However, I know little things about the system. Can you let me know how to do the TZ thing in detail? Also, how to edit /etc/timezone? Thanks a lot!
Is there any solution to the alarm problem? Can upgrading to 2007HE solve it? Thanks!