So, I've another question: Is it possible to have a keyboard shortcut to close the current active window the same way it'd be closed when clicking the 'x' in the task switcher? What happens after this I don't really care about, being left in the task switcher would be ok.

Would launching task switcher and then sending the signal to close newest window do the trick?

I'll have a go at this later tonight myself if no one can answer and report my progress.

"Launching task switcher and then sending the signal to close newest window" does appear to work.

It should be easy to implement a keyboard shortcut for this using keyboard-shortcuts package.

Note also that a few programs still have the old behaviour of closing on long press of Escape key. You just need to remap the hardware keyboard to have such a key.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Yeah it does seem to work, great. Used time.sleep() to wait a while before sending the signal to close newest window (I'm guessing this is the best way to do it?), other than that it's just a couple of dbus-signals.. easy enough. Here's my script in keyboard-shortcut:

Code:
import time

if key == 'y':
     os.system("dbus-send --type=signal --session /com/nokia/hildon_desktop com.nokia.hildon_desktop.exit_app_view
")

time.sleep(0.5)

os.system("/usr/bin/dbus-hildon-desktop close_window_time -1")
Also I updated to 1.15 of modified-hildon-desktop today, task switcher seems to be a lot snappier than earlier.. could of course be because of the reboot I did after installing it, but either way I'm not complaining. I don't think I could use the device without modified-hildon-desktop and keyboard-shortcuts anymore, thanks a lot!

Last edited by low life; 2010-03-31 at 15:43.

The package http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/770/n90...+0m5_armel.deb adds a dbus signal for opening status menu. To use:
Code:
bus-send --type=signal --session /com/nokia/hildon_desktop com.nokia.hildon_desktop.open_status_menu
Together with keyboard-shortcuts, this allows opening the status menu with the keyboard.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Matan Hello, I greatly admired your work.
I have tried in various ways, but I can not run shortcuts such as ctrl + shift + f for FBReader, and even hot keys k, or l, h
I installed your Hildon that works well, and keyboard-shortcut.

This is the result of the command gconftool-2 -R /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions

dbus_shortcuts_use_fn = true
launcher_navigator_accel = true
home_contacts_phone = false
dbus_launcher_navigator = true
dbus_shift_ctrl = true
preset_shift_ctrl = true
disable_edit = false
ctrl_backspace = true
ctrl_backspace_in_tasknav = 5
dbus_ctrl_shortcuts = true

I hope to use your great work, thanks

Tags