Notices

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Russia, Ekaterinburg
amadeukaos, you may connect to facebook via jabber account your_name@chat.facebook.com. But qutIM does not work with facebook.
We do what we can not solve this problem.

HtheB, for me it's not crashes when i do this. But I'll look into what could be the problem. What accounts do you use?

HtheB, why contact list isnt touch frendly? You did not watch settings?
They can change the size and type of contacts.

i'm having problems logging to my office communication server account. any ideas on what parameters should go into the numerous fields in the account setup for this?

hi

1- when i typing arabic language and press enter or send button it's dose't worked .. but i can still reading arabic from anouther contacts

2- when i useing maemo wtill in chat window .. the font of my frind black and mu background black too .. how to change this clolors .

3- where i can change sounds of notifictions .

thank you.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
I just updated to the newest version and I was surprised to see that Yahoo protocol is no longer available. What gives?

yahoo protocol is still there....i see it.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Russia, Ekaterinburg
droll, I don't have place to try sip protocol in qutIM. In all fields to create an account do enter the same data as for Pidgin.

geojoking, all pidgin protocols separated to anoter package qutim-extra-protocols. Also available quitim-extra-plugins and qutim-smiles-kolobok.

mesho123
1. Maybe you accidentally set in quIM preset for send button as "Ctrl+Enter" or "Double Enter" intead of "Enter". Please check it.

2. In qutIM package uses lighweight TextView that don't have any customizations. You may set up qutim-extra-plugins and select "webkit chat form" in settings-plugins-services instead of TextView. Or try to use QML chat.

3. All qutIM resources place in /opt/qutim/share. You may can change them as you wish. Sounds located at /opt/qutim/share/apps/qutim/sounds. You may change it directly in root, or copying at /home/user/.share/qutim/sounds/"theme_name" and change name and content of sound theme.

May be somebody from your country wants to make a translation into Arabic for qutIM? According to statistics located at http://qutim.org/?page=statistics&statspage=lang Arabic language in the third most popular language for qutIM users.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by degtep View Post
HtheB, for me it's not crashes when i do this. But I'll look into what could be the problem. What accounts do you use?
Hmmm that's weird, somehow, it doesn't crash anymore

HtheB, why contact list isnt touch frendly? You did not watch settings?
They can change the size and type of contacts.
Yes, but its still not so touch friendly as no Pidgin.
Also, the groups are still very small, check out Pidgin on the N900 to see what I'm talking about. you still need to touch precisely to expand and collapse groups.

Also, when you type a letter to search a contact (only 1 letter), and then pressing backspace, it will magically add a space to the search

Some other thoughts:
- Would love to add the option to remove the "Quote" button on the left.
- How about adding a "Nudge button" for MSN?
- Maybe change the Quote button into the Nudge button?
- Ability to turn vibrate on and off If you added the Nudge function.

Also, adding some default smiles would be great! (so it will use the default smiles for each IM) Download this and check it out.
Someone made this for Pidgin, but it should be also usable for QutIM)
(source: http://wiki.andreineculau.com/Origin...eme_for_Pidgin )

That's it for now and keep up the good work!

Edit:
Oh, 1 more thing:
The options on the top right is very annoying when you try to read the messages (I'm talking about the "X", Contacts Icon and the ">" Icons on the top right at a conversation)
Why dont you assign the default maemo "X" button to close the current chat? It's currently assigned to close ALL chat windows.

Sliding to the left or right already brings you to the active chat windows. and going to the contact list... well.. You can add that on the hildon menu :P
That should be more pleasant if you ask me

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-08-21 at 10:53.

here's a problem:

1. launch qutim from desktop shortcut
2. once it launches, close the app that appears.
3. qutim is still running as i can see a status area plugin that shows a small icon and i also see an entry in the status area menu.
4. launch qutim from desktop shortcut again
5. qutim launches two instances.

#5 shouldn't happen. the second instance tries to login with all my accounts.

the sip protocol using the built-in availability feature on the n900 works fine. i can login to my account. i have also successfully logged in with pidgin. the qutim one just tries to logon but never completes successfully..

droll, I don't have place to try sip protocol in qutIM. In all fields to create an account do enter the same data as for Pidgin.

geojoking, all pidgin protocols separated to anoter package qutim-extra-protocols. Also available quitim-extra-plugins and qutim-smiles-kolobok.

mesho123
1. Maybe you accidentally set in quIM preset for send button as "Ctrl+Enter" or "Double Enter" intead of "Enter". Please check it.

2. In qutIM package uses lighweight TextView that don't have any customizations. You may set up qutim-extra-plugins and select "webkit chat form" in settings-plugins-services instead of TextView. Or try to use QML chat.

3. All qutIM resources place in /opt/qutim/share. You may can change them as you wish. Sounds located at /opt/qutim/share/apps/qutim/sounds. You may change it directly in root, or copying at /home/user/.share/qutim/sounds/"theme_name" and change name and content of sound theme.

May be somebody from your country wants to make a translation into Arabic for qutIM? According to statistics located at http://qutim.org/?page=statistics&statspage=lang Arabic language in the third most popular language for qutIM users.
no i can't sending arabic language ... i have worked for dyble enter and ctrl enter but don't send

but it works with english well