Active Topics

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
You don't need to flash the eMMC at all. Check this post.
one last question...i've done a back-up on my phone and i also have images and music etc stored on my device. if i flash, will i be able to restore my back-up and also will i be able to keep my media data?

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
i followed advice given earlier regarding reflashing existing firmware via nokia updater then updated OTA.

...i never realised i had so many apps installed! its still downloading and installing them. i am going to go back through and delete a few but if nothing else this update has made me realise how many uses i have for my N900.

ahh-does it need to be 57? just looked and it syas 56.9 lol. how close is that?
right I will try freeing up more space. dunno how though

If that don't work then I'll have to do my fisrt flash I guess

As far as Im aware the flash only affects your rootfs partition therefore your /home/User partition (the 27Gb one) SHOULD be unaffected. That said theres always a small risk, but one im willing to take

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
one last question...i've done a back-up on my phone and i also have images and music etc stored on my device. if i flash, will i be able to restore my back-up and also will i be able to keep my media data?
If you don't flash the eMMC all the media will be left intact (it's not even stored within the backup for precisely the same reason). Just make sure that you enable all the repositories that you've installed applications from prior to making the backup so that it will automatically reinstall all your installed applications after flashing. It will save you quite a bit of time for not having to reinstall the apps by hand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Vodafone UK
London
Global Firmware.

I got tired and tired of waiting all day but no update showed for me OTA. So i'm home now and just flashed PR1.2 Global version. Setting up now. I suggest people do the same. This mess with freeing up rootfs space is annoying and simply unacceptable.

Good luck all. Been a busy day on TMO.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
global may 26 of what time zone?
GMT?
I would also like to know this.

What is the difference between the USA version and the Global version?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
There still seems to be a lot of confusion over this update:

Make sure you have plenty of free space in rootfs by deleting as many applications and themes as you can.

If application manager doesnt see an update, even if you are in the uk, you will have to wait until tomorrow or learn how to flash your device.
If you see the update in the application manager but it tells you to use Nokia Software Updater (NSU) you will find that NSU will display your current firmware version. Either re-install your current version and then check again for the latest update in application manager, or wait until tomorrow for NSU to show the latest firmware

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spoonbuddy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "PR 1.2 Released today in the UK and tomorrow Globally" with seven posts has been merged into this thread. Do not open additional threads for this topic.