Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Me again, and yes I still need to do what you asked :-)

I have a new interface for the motion controlled camera and fettuccine will not load the image. This time it is an interval jpg, that appears just fine in a browser, although the first attempt may yield a malformed image error but a refresh/reload obtains the image just fine.

URL: http://yates.duckdns.org:8989/picture/1/current/

Http stream URL: http://yates.duckdns.org:8989/picture/1/frame/

Play if you will. Viewing root of the above will show the MotionEye interface, with views of stills and a time-lapse creation facility.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
I have a new interface for the motion controlled camera and fettuccine will not load the image.
Hmm, yeah, I see that Fettuccine is not happy with that camera, even though it comes up fine in my desktop browser. I'll see if I can figure out what is going wrong...

EDIT: Ok, color me confused. After fighting with Fettuccine for a while, all I could get back from it was that the network request timed out. So, I figured I should try pulling up the webcam in Microb instead; however, every attempt there timed out as well...

So, next I tried Firefox on one of my Linux boxes; but, oddly enough, all I get are timeouts again. I tried Safari on an OS X box -- still timeouts.

I can get it to work (with the "first image malformed" issue that you mentioned) when I try pulling the link up in Chrome; but, nothing else even gets far enough to let me do a reload. Is there maybe some strange authentication mechanism in the webcam that requires two requests within a short period of time in order to transmit an image? I'm just kinda clueless about what kind of request this webcam is expecting...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-09-06 at 00:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
webcam