Active Topics

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Well, it's sick to have / on a 256M disk. But it's still not a good idea to move vital parts of the system to a slower partition. And they reside in /usr (see libstdc++6)

I'd suggest moving / to /dev/mmcblk0. Altogether - we get rid of the problem of small rootfs. And we take the opposite of optification - we do nandification - move the vital parts of the system (libc6, libstdc++, glib, hildon) to NAND.

Beautiful, isn't it? We still get the blazing fast performance for vital components and we don't have any problems with full rootfs.

The only issue may be the boot process, but I don't know how big it will be. Generally, the boot components are usually vital.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
anyone have link for PR 1.3.1 firmware ?? i want to download it.
Hi panjgoori,

I found this post; but do not know whether it is recommended or not... be careful!

jm

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
...but do not know whether it is recommended or not...
Have you looked backwards in this very thread?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I tried removing Nokia Maps in the past. There were no surprising dependencies so it went pretty well. The only problem was that removing Maps did not remove the Contacts integration so tapping on an address in Contacts still tried to open Maps on that address. I suspect removing Nokia Maps properly may involve more effort than anyone is prepared to invest.
It's not a bug, it's a feature
We should leave the contacts entry. Then developers - add support for it (so that clicking the address may open modRana, mapper, etc.). If no app is found, a pop-up should be shown that no compatible application has been found.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Have you looked backwards in this very thread?
yes, of course; I just doesn't know the source where the image is available from...