Active Topics

Just flashed Lehto's undervoltage 800mhz kernel, and the device is working fine. Didn't brick it right away! Hopefully it'll stay stable.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't undervoltage safer than the other kernels, since it uses less power? Hopefully I'll also see better battery endurance!

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
i used the fiasco-image-update 800mhz for a day, then switched to 900mhz

125-900mhz, stock DSP

everything seems smoother and faster, iplayer is perfect using the popout player in fullscreen and battery life isnt affected too much when used normally.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nipperoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Baltimore, USA
Originally Posted by Nipperoid View Post
i used the fiasco-image-update 800mhz for a day, then switched to 900mhz

125-900mhz, stock DSP
Ive also been running 125/900mhz, stock DSP.

Absolutely no problems, I can feel it run a lil warmer, but nothing to be concerned with.

runs snappier, its great.
I think we should start a wiki somewhere with all the collected info we have been gathering.

Originally Posted by madmaze View Post
I think we should start a wiki somewhere with all the collected info we have been gathering.
People WAY ahead of you.............

http://wiki.maemo.org/Overclocking

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to riahc3 For This Useful Post:
so, i flashed mine with the 950mhz 500dsp.
What i can say is that the phone is a bit faster, snappier, no issues at all since 2 days.
Batterie simce to be the same, browser is fast as my laptop (really) youtube is smooth. I don't know if there is a link with new kernel, but now the media player widget is working well (great). Booting faster too, Enna is faster, only happyness.
I wanted to ask if it's normal that when i look in conky it's saying to me : Frequency 950mhz, and it's moving to 125, 500 and coming back to 950 ?
It also free up nearly 10mb in root, is it normal ?
and at last but not least, would it be possible to have the 1ghz 500dsp kernel ? mp me please i would love to share my experiences

Currently on lehtos' 125-825mhz kernel.. The whole phone improved in general, improvement of speed is definitely present.. but have recently experienced random reboots (twice out of 4 days).. anyone knows whats causing this?

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
I have been using the 900mhz kernal now for about 6 days my battery is better over two days now, using file manager and photos is so much faster now and dont get any errors.
Browsing the web is amazing it takes about 2 secs to load any page on wifi before it was taking about 5 secs.

Originally Posted by tangs View Post
so, i flashed mine with the 950mhz 500dsp.
What i can say is that the phone is a bit faster, snappier, no issues at all since 2 days.
Batterie simce to be the same, browser is fast as my laptop (really) youtube is smooth. I don't know if there is a link with new kernel, but now the media player widget is working well (great). Booting faster too, Enna is faster, only happyness.
I wanted to ask if it's normal that when i look in conky it's saying to me : Frequency 950mhz, and it's moving to 125, 500 and coming back to 950 ?
It also free up nearly 10mb in root, is it normal ?
and at last but not least, would it be possible to have the 1ghz 500dsp kernel ? mp me please i would love to share my experiences
10 mb is not normal you risk to brick your phone,i had the same problem but cleaning some app from extra devel I brought the space back to 60mb.also from the app manager disable the extra devel and testing. . .

Originally Posted by riahc3 View Post
People WAY ahead of you.............

http://wiki.maemo.org/Overclocking
Great stuff...
Only forgot the fiasco method in x-terminal