Active Topics

I just got my Jolla C today and the first thing that I noticed was the poor scrolling performance in lists etc. like it was on the first Jolla with default GPU governor setting. So I searched the governor file on the C and the location is
Code:
sys/devices/soc.0/1c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/devfreq/governor
and once you change it to "performance" the phone feels smooth like its supposed to be

No idea of the effect on battery life or anything but on the first Jolla it didnt make much of a difference IMO

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to synt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Sorry, not a linux god, so can you add a little more detail?

Do I just need to change the content of the file from 'msm-adreno-tz' to 'performance'?

As a supplementary question, some brief notes on how one finds out such esoteric info might be appreciated by us lesser mortals

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I received it. It's so beatiful :crying emotional tears of joy emoticon:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Sorry, not a linux god, so can you add a little more detail?

Do I just need to change the content of the file from 'msm-adreno-tz' to 'performance'?

As a supplementary question, some brief notes on how one finds out such esoteric info might be appreciated by us lesser mortals
Yes, just change the value to performance and it will take effect immediately. You can just input

Code:
echo 'performance' > /sys/devices/soc.0/1c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/devfreq/governor
with root access (devel-su) in the terminal and thats it. Though the setting doesnt persist between boots so after every boot you need to change it again.

I found it just by doing a search of the word 'governor', found the path that has 'kgsl' on it (like on Jolla1) and tried it. Not a god either

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to synt For This Useful Post:
Received too! Looks very nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Make that three
#orderedtoosoon
I have just received a reply from James (CM of Jolla) and he confirmed that the transporter has no idea about when you've made the order. So the first wave is apparently treated randomly (or some sort of ordering not based on first-come first-served, my surname starts with O, so maybe alphabetically).

Good news is that my order was not somehow stuck because I could not attend the community event.
Bad news is that I am going on vacation soon and I fear the delivery will happen during my period off

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
I have just received a reply from James (CM of Jolla) and he confirmed that the transporter has no idea about when you've made the order. So the first wave is apparently treated randomly (or some sort of ordering not based on first-come first-served, my surname starts with O, so maybe alphabetically).

Good news is that my order was not somehow stuck because I could not attend the community event.
Bad news is that I am going on vacation soon and I fear the delivery will happen during my period off
Hm ok, good news is its going to be processed, bad news is we'll have to wait an undefined time until the shipping center in HK decides to pick our orders from the list. Let's hope it won't take to long.

Btw. alphabetically is unlikely, since my surname starts with B

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Anyone tried this ?
http://www.maxbhi.com/battery-for-intex-aqua-fish.html

Spare battery for AquaFish or JollaC, 483 RS only

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Anyone tried this ?
http://www.maxbhi.com/battery-for-intex-aqua-fish.html

Spare battery for AquaFish or JollaC, 483 RS only
Awesome find!!
Ordering right now, oooooh, only india...

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Many people asked about the camera quality compared to Jolla. One of my pet peeves about the original Jolla was the awful blue tint it insisted on inserting to almost every picture.

I have only done very few tests on Jolla C, but I'm so grateful this issue seems to be gone and I guess I MAY be able to retire using my N9 as camera now. The picture quality is perhaps not top of the line, but at least the horrible blue tint is gone.

Here's a comparison picture of the ever so lovely N9 with Jolla A and Jolla C, that hopefully gives you some idea.

EDIT: disregard these comparisons, my Jolla A camera settings were faulty. This posting and these photos are left here as they were, as an eternal monument to my stupidity.

Jolla A:

Jolla C:

Last edited by ajalkane; 2016-07-20 at 16:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os