Active Topics

Originally Posted by liao22 View Post
is stable full full ? i want install
Full full like this Community SSU/ChangelogStable

Greetings.

who can take a picture to see difference CSSU?

how to install cssu stable.i hav the latest cssu. but dint get the stable in the app manager
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
how to install cssu stable.i hav the latest cssu. but dint get the stable in the app manager
Where have you been?
reflash the phone and install the stable from the beginning
or stay with the testing

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
If you mean the latest cssu-testing by "latest" then you can only install stable by reflashing and following the instructions on the wiki.

But keep in mind that stable is only a subset of testing, if you want to stay bleeding edge I advise against switching to stable.

The Following User Says Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
I see a lot here about reflashing, or reflashing if something goes wrong.

Does that mean it's not safe to install CSSU with a broken USB port?

(Regrettably I don't know how to get the port fixed, except purchase another N900.)

Thanks,

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jjx View Post
I see a lot here about reflashing, or reflashing if something goes wrong.

Does that mean it's not safe to install CSSU with a broken USB port?

(Regrettably I don't know how to get the port fixed, except purchase another N900.)

Thanks,
Definitely not the Stable one!

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Bangladesh
im currently running on

do i need a reflash? please confirm.

Just did a clean install on my friends N900. First updated to PR 1.3.1 and then to CSSU stable. Had some problems with Advanced power monitor but reinstall helped. Did the whole proces as in the wiki but one thing came out during this proces. Faster Aplicaiton Manager isn't that good. While I wanted to uninstall Advanced power monitor it wanted to uninstall severall other apps as oppposite to HAM which did it properly. HAM is slow bud does things as it should.

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
It should be possible to "drift" from testing to stable just like one would do in Debian. To do that one would have to change the repository from testing to stable which should be done as soon as possible (given that the current testing works fine for you right now).

The effect would be that at the moment nothing will happen because the testing packages are newer than the stable packages. But as time goes by new packages will enter stable and eventually they'll have higher version numbers than the current testing and replace the testing packages bit by bit until nothing of the current testing is left.
Until the transition is complete (which will only happen if eventually all testing packages will make it to stable) the system will be in a state which is similar to one that is based on stable but has some (at the moment - all) packages pinned from testing.
If you chose that way you should know exactly what you're doing. As a rule of thumb: If you don't know what I'm talking about in ths post, don't do it!

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: