Active Topics

Notices

Installed the clock ui in repos.
I set both of them date and time and my locale is spanish latin american and keybord us
Itīs happening every time Iīve tried

EDit: except now maybe after 2 reboots I was able to set the alarm

Last edited by guilledoc; 2013-08-07 at 14:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
I will do some tests later this day with this settings and the cssu-devel build and report back.

And remember: as long as you don't explicitly set a date (so only set the time), it should always work the "stock way", with no relation to any date.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
guilledoc, I did find issues when using the am/pm timeformat in Spanish. I assume you have this timeformat, else I might not have tackled your issue

As I have no access to cssu-devel, I have updated the downloads in the openingspost (I was to lazy to update the version/changelog)
Also notice that the version in cssu-devel is numbered 0.6-1, and the version in the openingspost is already at 0.6.7.

Changes:
  • It is no longer possible to reactivate an alarm with past date/time by pressing the icon in the alarmlist
  • Made it harder to set a date/time in the past in the alarm edit popup
  • Hopefully fixed Spanish am/pm timeformat issue as reported by guilledoc (which also resulted in wrong size of alarmtime font in alarmlist)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
So sould I install the version in the openingpost?

Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
So sould I install the version in the openingpost?
Especially if you are indeed using am/pm: yes please.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
@ade
newest version installed (from yesterday), found bug. I`ve got the feeling, that it`s related to previous one, that I couldn`t reproduce and now it surfaced again after your recent code changes.

Go to alarm list, use new alarm button, set time to some hour that is preceding current time (i.e. if it`s 11:00 now, set it to 10:00 or 9:00) and make it repeatable (any days). Save it. Now when in alarmlist, disable it (untick): repeat days are gone and alarm time is changed to current time.

Originally Posted by artpra View Post
@ade
newest version installed (from yesterday), found bug. I`ve got the feeling, that it`s related to previous one, that I couldn`t reproduce and now it surfaced again after your recent code changes.

Go to alarm list, use new alarm button, set time to some hour that is preceding current time (i.e. if it`s 11:00 now, set it to 10:00 or 9:00) and make it repeatable (any days). Save it. Now when in alarmlist, disable it (untick): repeat days are gone and alarm time is changed to current time.
Okay artpra, I could not replay your exact steps, but I could find a consistent issue that was very similar. It turned out it was at least related to the Polish date format. I fixed it in my testcase, so could you install the version from the openingspost (I again replaced them with an updated version) and report back?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I fixed it in my testcase, so could you install the version from the openingspost (I again replaced them with an updated version) and report back?
Bingo! Now is fine, I couldn`t reproduce it anymore - another bug hunted ade.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Is the new version ready for cssu-devel?
(23:14:17) sixwheeledbeast: Pali: will there be an update for worldclock in cssu-devel? http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=423
(23:15:11) Pali: sixwheeledbeast: yes if ade push changed to gitorious and tell me that new version is ready for compiling :-)
(23:15:32) sixwheeledbeast: ok ta I'll ask him

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Is the new version ready for cssu-devel?
As a matter of fact, I contacted Pali soon after the post you are referring to, and he almost immediately pushed a new version to cssu-devel.

As I noted before, the version number in cssu is somewhat lower that the one I use in the openingpost. So that way you may not notice a new version in cssu.

I do have two changes waiting here to be made public. One is just a fix to make it even harder to set a time/date combo alarm in the past. The other one is offering custom alarm tones per alarm.

The latter is still a challenge. The change needed for that in order to make it work is not in osso-systemui-alarm.c (even the related code was there), but most likely in libhildon-plugins-notify-sv.so. This means someone with the skills of Freemangordon also needs to reverse engineer this part to make it adaptable. He said that he will probably do that, so we have to wait and see. Of course you can pester him about that every ones and a while .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock