So now tha Diablo can receive updateds over the air, when can we expect the next auto update?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by amanno1 View Post
I tried the above with no luck except that i can access the memory cards.I checked in device manager and it had a yellow dot with a black question mark inside.I tried to update the driver(nokia bb5 adl loader usb phone parent) and it said the name is already in use as either a service name or service display name.Any ideas what that means?
I had a similar problem, and it was caused by a version of PC Suite. If you have PC Suite installed, download the most recent version-- it has the fixed driver.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by migs View Post
So now tha Diablo can receive updateds over the air, when can we expect the next auto update?
I'm hearing whispers in the weeks-month range, but I doubt anybody in Nokia really knows for sure.

hello,
is diablo available for nokia 770? if yes, where can I get it?
if not, will it be available for it?

thanks

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Seattle WA
I've flashed and am having NO problems. A couple of the apps didn't appear so I reinstalled and everything connected up fine.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bucuresti
Someone please upload the latest update for nokia n810 because the nokia update site is not working!
I need it very quickly because i just received my n810

NEVER MIND IT WORKS NOW!

Last edited by DeeJay_XB; 2008-07-28 at 16:12. Reason: now the site is working!

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeJay_XB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California
Can any genius here tell me if my application manager can have both maemo extras for Chinook and Diablo? Or would this cause conflicts? i have a N800 and the latest OS2008 update. thanks. i'm a newbie.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Lingie View Post
Can any genius here tell me if my application manager can have both maemo extras for Chinook and Diablo? Or would this cause conflicts? i have a N800 and the latest OS2008 update. thanks. i'm a newbie.
Sure, it can, but there isn't really much point now.

I'm having trouble with the flasher too (see below). However, none of the workarounds I've seen so far (e.g., removing all memory cards) have made a difference. Moreover, I can flash among the OS 2007 releases to my heart's content, but OS 2008 is always failing like so:

lionel@ubuntu:~/Projects/n800$ sudo ~/bin/flasher-3.0 --fiasco RX-34_DIABLO_4.20
08.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f
flasher v0.8.7 (Oct 17 2006)
[ ... ]
Suitable USB device not found, waiting
USB device found found at bus 001, device address 021
Found device RX-34, hardware revision 1301
NOLO version 1.1.6
[ ... ]
Sending kernel image (1500 kB)...
100% (1500 of 1500 kB, avg. 8024 kB/s)
Flashing kernel... done.
Sending initfs image (2233 kB)...

Write failed after 0 bytes
usb_bulk_write: Resource temporarily unavailable
lionel@ubuntu:~/Projects/n800$

Any clues? This is on a Dell 2350 running Ubuntu server 7.10. My first thought is a driver/hardware interaction, possibly related to OS 2008's larger image size, or a timeout, but I'm really just guessing. Does anyone know more about this flashing error and how to get around it?

On a related subject: Is there a version of the flasher that works on Intel-based Macs?

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
after updating to diablo i am getting "failed to refresh" for all of my application catalogs
error states Coild not connect to 127.0.0.1:8118 (127.0.0.1) connect (111 C0nnection refused)

now what do i do????

hey,

i updated my firmware recently and since then i believe almost all websites (google, gmail, etc) have been giving me a "site not found" error. i had no problems with my n810 connection at home before this, and the internet works on my home computer. only a https:// site i use for uni email works.

all my catalogs say failed to refresh as well, and underneath say "Temporary failure resolving '<repository-name-here>'". i wonder if this is because it is not connecting properly, or if it is the packages that are the problem? oh, the maemo repository does refresh, which is the only one with distribution "/" in it.

any one had a similar problem with diablo? i tried a fix that prk60091 suggested that suggested enabling a proxy and removing the ipaddress and then disabling, only there was no previous address stored, so this didn't help.

Thanks