Notices

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
removed the package and sent email to rovio. will buy levelpack from ovi store tonight.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
E: In all truth though, did anyone not see this happening?

Last edited by horus; 2010-01-12 at 12:57.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
mika is viewing this thread i believe he works for rovio so hope he as contacted nokia

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
I confirm it, and this is pretty poor. Surely the very first discussion of how to do paid content in an apt based system would have included how to ensure you don't accidentally make that content available to anyone.
I suppose I assumed they'd do this the same way you get hold of the nokia-binaries in scratchbox, you sign up, and get an apt source with a unique key on it which identifies you. then just make anything you've paid for available in your account-linked 'virtual' repository.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwould For This Useful Post:
Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
The problem may be a bit more serious, depending where the real bug is. If rovio/someone forgot to enable some security mechanisms it is all right. But if the only security available atm in ovi store is the process of buying, it is a disaster for developers. Who will stop me (except for my consciouses) from sending this premium .deb package to all interested? Even after I actually buy this? It is not even piracy, so simple it is.

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Hopefully just a bug related to beta nature of current Ovi store.

Otherwise the Maemo platform will realize the old hacker dream and X terminal will become the next killer app for the general public...

EDIT: Soon there's no need to teach normobs how to use terminal. Allways look at the bright side of things.

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-01-12 at 13:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
This is just horrible, you better snip that command before the .deb leaks out.

On a side note,

do you need rootsh for apt-get? I never really understood the apt-get command? Im tried it on other packages, and it never works. Can anyone explain how to use this?

BTW, I will purchase the level pack.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
It might well be that is open for reasons:
- DRM is only coming in Maemo 6
- Content, experience, enthusiasm and growth is important in Step 4/5, money not yet
- Nokia tests the Ovi store
- Nokia tests the Ethics of the Maemo consumer

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
The pack is only 3$ why not just buy it you cheap bastards. Piracy will discourage developers into making games for the N900. Just pay what you play if not just download the free ones instead of piracy I really hope we get lots of games for the N900. I still like the iPhone more because of the games and apps. I will wait for the bright side of N900. (*Own opinion* If it fails then there's no point of me waiting for Maemo 6)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to franny87 For This Useful Post: