Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
Originally Posted by matrim View Post
Actually I just ran a test with adding a new contact with a birthday shows up fine but any old birthdays I have in my contacts don't show unless I go back into the contact and edit \ re-save the birthday
very interesting. anyone here has hermes installed? if so, can you try refreshing or retrieving all the contact details? i'm hoping that doing so might show all the info again. I'd try myself, but ran out of data for the month.

I'll try that in a minute. I used hermes to get all the birthdays so I have like 50 contacts with birthdays in.

I've reflashed again anyway (constantly rebooting when installed titan kernel) so i'll install hermes in a sec and give it a go.

Kev

Confirmed: This does work, you have to click 'refresh' and all of a sudden they popup again in the widget! Cheers guys

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
thanks for the confirmation, i'm sure that's going to save lots of people a lot of time and effort

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm experiencing something similar, however not quite the same:
I have not changed my contacts since upgrading. I have 3 birthdays coming up: 25th and 30th of May and 1st of June. Only June 1st shows up in the widget, but if I resave the one on 25th, it also appears.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
I can confirm that re-saving a contact, brings back that birthday.

I don't use Hermes though so i have to figure out another way of bringing them back. I'll try re-syncing with my PC this evening.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Everyone the simplest way is to do this:

In Calendars

1. Settings
2. Edit Calendars
3. Click "Birthdays"
4. Delete (wont actually delete the data)

Press Back

5. "New"
6. Select "Birthdays Smart Calendar"
7. Next.
8. Finish.

Now ALL your entries should show in the calendar widget .No need to manually edit and confirm each contacts birthday.

The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Everyone the simplest way is to do this:
Great, worked for me and also made them show up in the week and month views.

Thank you, I didn't notice it!

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Portugal
Only one problem with this solution, if like me you tend to assign alarms for some of those birthdays, this method will require you to manually enable them for each entry you require an alarm on.

A bit of work in my case, I tend to forget these things a lot, so an actual alarm is very handy for me, and there's quite a few of them in my calendar.

Though I'm thinking, since I usually set them to the previous day and to the same time, and seeing as they're all events that "sit" inside a separate calendar, there should be a way to do this automatically..