Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
we didn't consider the N9 to be "HD", now did we?
I do. "HD" stands for High Definition. The N9's definition is high enough for me... I'd need to look too closely to notice pixels.

I'm not particularly a fan of all this jabber about qHD, HD, Full HD, really Full HD, now-it's-for-real Fully-awesome HD. Give me the pixel count and move on. Is Fast Ethernet fast for you?

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Also we should not forget that N9's display is a pentile matrix one. So real resolutions is about 2/3.

If Jolla's display is a non pentile, it will look better than N9's, even with the 0,6" gain in size.

Last edited by Morpog; 2013-09-21 at 18:16.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
All your ranting and grumbling won't change the display suddenly in a 720p one. Get over it or just don't buy it.
you being very butt-hurt about people calling jolla out for being economic with the truth, grow up.

as thoke said, they made a mistake and we can all hope they will do better in future, but every time a muppet fanboi tries to rewrite history, i.e.

"they never said HD"

or

"well qHD must be high definition, because it has the letters "HD" in it."

then i will shoot them down.

this is not the end of the world, i still like what they are doing as do many others, but please; have a little self respect.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I distinctly remember them saying some kind of HD, which was an obvious indicator that it wasn't full HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7k7I_sj0c

"it will be one of the HD's"

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
at no point did they ever say clearly & distinctly that it'd be 720p or greater, people just "hoped" it would be, including me.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Also we should not forget that N9's display is a pentile matrix one. So real resolutions is about 2/3.

If Jolla's display is a non pentile, it will look better than N9's, even with the 0,6" gain in size.
Yes, this is a critical point I mentioned earlier in another thread...
If sub-pixel config is also very medicore, then we can really start to bitch -touch wood

guys, please!

jolla misused a widely-accepted industry nonsense word to imply the display would be super-awesome, but now we find out its only fairly decent at best. scandal? yea, probably, but PLEASE, ya know? ya know??

ok, so, we good?

to get the outrage-at-bulshytt out of your system, think about these for a little while:
"4G" phones
"LED" tvs
"HD" sunglasses
american "cheese"
"0.02c / kB" internet

p.s.: a card house is not "some kind of house".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Full Hd screens are amazing. But fake HD screens are OK too, especially when screen is tiny and content limited.

I'm not sure how bad or good qHD really is, I guess I have to wait and put QHD side by side with Full HD.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Nokia should now buy Jolla.

Tags
device, jolla, jolla phone, pre-order