When I tried to update to 1.2.4 from the store, I got - "There was a problem downloading the item. Try again."

I thought deleting the current version and reinstalling would help, but I get the same message! Now I have no cuteTube! HELP!

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
click more times.
I am HK, click many times to update

Update 1.2.5 is in Ovi store now.

For me this one has broken youtube search (no videos found, no matter what is seach). Dailymotion searches seem to work fine.

It's also not possible to switch to "light" theme anymore

The move away from the older video player seems strange to me. The default video player used in the newer versions doesn't support playing in the background/screen off, or ability to return to cutetube after the video plays/ on pressing back. Thus, nothing can be done on cuteTube like queueing the next video.

I really think the ability to continue playing in the background/with screen off is an important feature. Does anyone know why the switch was made away from to the default harmattan video player?

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Yeah it's a bit of a bummer losing those abilities, I'm pretty sure Marxian said a few pages back in this thread that it was something to do with PR1.3, you'll find it if you look hard enough.
Anyone know whats new in cutetube 1.2.5?

I see. Open video player is still able to do this, although 1.3 did introduce some bugs. But then again, OVP didn't go through the Nokia store, and thus had lax requirements

Version 1.25 does not output video to a news channel. How to solve it?

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I can't seem to download videos, download fails everytime, previously I could watch a videos while is gets downloaded in the background. Now I can only watch.

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
For me this one has broken youtube search (no videos found, no matter what is seach). Dailymotion searches seem to work fine.
I just found that search actually works and the reported "error" was in fact the search result. It turned out that the search setting "show results form" hat not a set value. After selecting "all time" a new search found the expected results. So everyone who has the same issue check and re-set your settings and it should work.

Tags
cutetube, harmattan, youtube