Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CA, USA
The video call works amazing with the front/back camera selection feature.... but... my stock camera app (including other camera app like HDR etc) stops working once I use video call.

I have to reboot the phone.

bummer....

can someone post a screenshot where the video call option is when selecting someone who is ON GTALK/ONLINE?

we must launch a petition for skype video calling to nokia!

we are glad that whatsapp can be done without begging the company!

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Umm... not sure why everyone is drinking champagne and singing and dancing. I tried to get this and it was a fail for me. I have PR1.2, I tried downloading the app from Nokia store, and my N9 rebooted before the usual "Launch" screen appeared in the Store.

N9 rebooted, so I went online in my Google Talk account, my gf went online via her laptop, but when I clicked on her contact, only the usual Google Talk button was available, no video option of any kind.

Went back to Store, it told me the download/install had an 'error' and I needed to reinstall, so I tried to download again, but I was told I could not as it was 'already downloaded'. (Annoyed deep breath). So I uninstalled the app (rebooted itself again - a bit annoying) and tried the whole thing a second and third time. FAIL.

Uninstalled this for the last time. Now my N9 is laggy, (it took about 20 seconds to open a text a friend sent me) but hope that is temporary.

I find it very weird that half the community are in this video chat party, but plenty of people are having major, major problems. Any smart people know what the F is up with this?

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Umm... not sure why everyone is drinking champagne and singing and dancing. I tried to get this and it was a fail for me. I have PR1.2, I tried downloading the app from Nokia store, and my N9 rebooted before the usual "Launch" screen appeared in the Store.

N9 rebooted, so I went online in my Google Talk account, my gf went online via her laptop, but when I clicked on her contact, only the usual Google Talk button was available, no video option of any kind.

Went back to Store, it told me the download/install had an 'error' and I needed to reinstall, so I tried to download again, but I was told I could not as it was 'already downloaded'. (Annoyed deep breath). So I uninstalled the app (rebooted itself again - a bit annoying) and tried the whole thing a second and third time. FAIL.

Uninstalled this for the last time. Now my N9 is laggy, (it took about 20 seconds to open a text a friend sent me) but hope that is temporary.

I find it very weird that half the community are in this video chat party, but plenty of people are having major, major problems. Any smart people know what the F is up with this?
I don't know, but I have yet to update my N9 past PR1.1. If you are interested why, read about it here:

http://everythingn9.com/why-i-will-w...-the-nokia-n9/

You will know really quickly why I don't plan to update to PR1.2, let others complain and get Nokia to fix the problems, My N9 works flawlessly on PR1.1 at the current moment.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Ermany View Post
There is no option for video call! i have a friend on and i have my self. doesn't give video option
Same. I'll let you know if I find out something. Messing with it now.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post

I have exactly the same problem and have uninstalled it for the third and final time .... Well at least until the bug is fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to markn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
I have exactly the same problem and have uninstalled it for the third and final time .... Well at least until the bug is fixed.
Same here, and even worse
After the crash of install/uninstall, It does not have the "swipe to answer", which is a good thing most of the time. When in a call or when waiting to answer, the screen saver kicks.

If any one has any suggestion how to restore, or which files are corrupted I would love to hear it

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I had these strange installation problems (when it says there was an error during installation etc.) twice. Uninstalled, re-installed, hated the re-boots... This is lousy, really. The whole PR 1.2 experience is a mess.

Anyway, after the third attempt to install this thing it seems to work. I can at least call myself. (I initiate a call from my N9 with the Google Talk account online to my desktop PC where I'm online with a regular XMPP-account.)

The only thing I notice (I hate these small bugs) is that the smaller video on the N9 - the window that shows what the other party will see - goes black after a few seconds. The call still continues and my video is still visible on the other end of the line, I just cannot see what I'm showing to them at the moment.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
for all those having problems after the installation, try the following:

-get the contact to appear online
-make a regular gtalk call to the contact
-disconnect the call and make sure the avatar of your contact shows the green "online status" dot
-now go back to the contacts app and find the contact, you'll see the video call option in the gtalk services option (will upload screenshot later for your reference)