Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I've already got one (apparently popular) podcast, that I cohost with a friend, that follows ABC's hit TV shows "Lost" (http://blackrockpodcast.blogspot.com/) but sadly, it's very quiet during the off-season period and I don't much care for the ARG.

So! I thought that perhaps I should start a lively gadgets podcast that primarily focuses on Linux based portable gadgets such as the Nokia tablets, Pandora, Neuros OSD, Western Digital's My World Book NAS server, and so on. Since I tend to buy up and enjoy these devices and I have them and I like follow up on them. It might make for great podcast fodder to listen to on the drive to work or to just keep up on things when you can't spend time reading forums online and so on.

I invited some friends that I know have Nokia tablets and Asus eee PC's so far and I thought I'd also throw a posting up here to let you folks know as well.

The URL to the show, which you can listen to live is:
http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/27204
It'll be live on Thursday at 7pm eastern, after that it'll be available for download (web or RSS podcast feed) or to listen to right on the web page.

You can simply go there to listen and participate in the chat room or you can also call into the telephone number posted in the chat room page (long distance charges might apply to your call) or best still, make a free call over the Internet using your web browser or using SIP. (I use GIZMO to call in via SIP, myself.)

Please let me know if you have any recommendations for topics or formats (should we be primarily about tips? Opinions/Reviews? etc.)

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
By the by--I HAVE used the Nokia tablet to call into shows at Talkshoe.. but only by phone number. If anyone manages to get in via SIP, please let me know how you did it!

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the day I'll be airing the first episode and taking calls. I'm aiming for a half-hour program but if it gets interesting or if there's a lot of people participating, I may take it up to an hour.

See you there!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last posting to remind everyone that the first episode is scheduled to go live in 10 minutes from now! Ciao!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

All done! The first episode has been finished and published out. You can go to http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/27204 to listen to it and next week I'll put out another episode. There's also an RSS feed for the podcast available from a link on that web page as well as a web-based player if you prefer to listen immediately online.

Thanks for listening!

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Nice show. We need more members calling you during the show.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
I wasn't able to listen to the whole thing yet, but did anyone call in? The show sounded great from what I did listen to. I hope I can call in some time to throw in an opinion or two, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that on a Thursday night ever :-p

Anyway, I'll have to listen to the rest of the show... Looking forward to future ones!

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Nice show. We need more members calling you during the show.
Thanks! ...and I agree--maybe the problem is the scheduled time? What do you think would be a better time for this show to air?

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
I wasn't able to listen to the whole thing yet, but did anyone call in? The show sounded great from what I did listen to. I hope I can call in some time to throw in an opinion or two, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that on a Thursday night ever :-p

Anyway, I'll have to listen to the rest of the show... Looking forward to future ones!
I figured that a Thursday recording will make it available for Friday podcast downloaders who'll listen over the weekend.. that seems to be the experience I've had with my other 'Lost' related Podcast. Maybe this was a mistake for this one?

What do you think would be a better time to air the program?

Also! I should probably have mentioned where people can email me if they want to shoot me a personal email to ask questions or to state opinions if they can't call in live. I'll have to set up a dedicated email address for the show on my domain--so the emails don't end up in my personal mailbox. Just the same, Feel free to leave me a personal message here for now in the meantime or post it right here on this thread for now.

If I can reschedule for a more convenient time for everyone, I'll do that and hopefully I can host some calls or at least have some people pop into the chat room and extend the show to an hour.

I'd like to also see if I can get some specific hints for people.. maybe base it on the frequent Q&A's floating around ITT's threads. If nothing else, I think it'd be handy for folks that can't frequent here.

On that note--I wanted to see if maybe I can talk about everyone's favorite apps... do you have a favorite app (something you find you use a LOT on your tablet)?

Again, thanks for the compliments! I hope I can continue to improve on this show until it settles into a good format.

Bummer, I'd forgotten this was today yesterday. Oh well, I'll listen to it tomorrow this afternoon, and try to catch it live next time. The time works fine for me, though.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-09-26 at 10:15. Reason: Not everyone took tonight to roll a circadian...

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Brampton, Ontario, Canada
do i need a talkshoe account to listen and/or participate?

Tags
podcast linux gadgets