Active Topics

as reported, thumb1 didn't automatically reboot, thumb2 went fine. no reboots here...so far

After talk with freemangordon and his wonderful help and guidance on attempts to fix it, it seems that problem may be affecting people, that have different filesystem for crucial partitions (/dev/mmcblk0p2, or mydocs). For example, I use ext4 for /dev/mmcblk0p2

It seems, that indeed, system-services from latest cssu is to be "blamed".
---

As requested by freemangordon, syslog dump:
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?f3aac1b...uRgpvL8iEF3B8=

...from device with *modified* /etc/default/mount-opts, to look like this:
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?019702d...P4kQ1iFkvSacY=
---

This is how syslog from device where /etc/default/mount-opts *wasn't* modified:
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?f5a7546...Zrmcu+nptO0nk=
---

Last but not least, for convenience, this is snip of part that seems relevant:
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?24862e7...SOVhJ9Td7LWz0=

Hope it helps in debugging.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Estel it is definitely your /home fs type that leads to a reboot loop, the guide on wiki changes a good amount of scripts which system-services overwrites, /usr/lib/genfstab.awk being one of them.

While I agree this file should not be overwritten without a notice, I highly doubt CSSU will ever support changing /home fs type, repartitioning eMMC, etc.

As this is in no way related to -thumb, I would recommend to move the discussion to CSSU-testing thread and filing a bug against CSSU if you think it makes sense.

You may try to solve your problem by following the instructions you've followed to change your /home fs type once again.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Whelp, it does seem that different filesystems are responsible for not booting completely, even as the system shows it's not stuck (KB LED, etc.)

Why not simply disable fstab generation? I don't see its use on the N900.

For those bricked by the update, mount your root using RescueOS and redo your edits.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-09-26 at 06:31.

Posted this question in the camera-ui2 thread but since I installed cssu-thumb I guess this is the place to ask.
Geotags won't work with location, only GPS coordinates, i.e. coordinates show when I check photo info but no city, state, country etc (location option checked in camera ui, GPS fix and working GPRS connection when taking photo). Is there a way to get this to work?

Thankssss

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Did someone experience camera issues with gdigicam update? Today, i shoot some images. Reliably, after every second image taken the camera UI froze and had to be killed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
I'm not sure if this is caused by thumb, but batterygraph isn't logging data anymore. the screen only showes black. i tried reinstalling it and deleting the saved data but it didn't work. I'm not sure when it started happening this is why i'm sure if it's related to thumb.

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by solbrit View Post
Posted this question in the camera-ui2 thread but since I installed cssu-thumb I guess this is the place to ask.
Geotags won't work with location, only GPS coordinates, i.e. coordinates show when I check photo info but no city, state, country etc (location option checked in camera ui, GPS fix and working GPRS connection when taking photo). Is there a way to get this to work?

Thankssss
Yea, there is something strange with the GPS, my phone is unable to get a fixed location i Maps, and GPSJinni dosent fix ether.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Yea, there is something strange with the GPS, my phone is unable to get a fixed location i Maps, and GPSJinni dosent fix ether.
Cannot reproduce here, I get a lock in a matter of several seconds. Verified with Maps, Location Widget and MM10

@solbrit - confirmed, will chase it

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Same problem here :S

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life