Notices

Originally Posted by karim0028 View Post
BTW, also, any plans to make it store username and password, its kind of inconvenient to have to enter those every time you want to use the app....
This is in the new version. It integrates directly to the pianobar config file and you can set username/password and lastfm username/password it writes it directly back to the pianobar config file.

Im just waiting on testers before that's out.

As far as the missing dependencies: PyQt4 was just updated by atilla, some packages may have been in limbo while you updated the repositories. Go into a terminal:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install pypianobar
And see if it works that way. App Manager only refreshes once or day or something, so I've heard.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
This is in the new version. It integrates directly to the pianobar config file and you can set username/password and lastfm username/password it writes it directly back to the pianobar config file.

Im just waiting on testers before that's out.

As far as the missing dependencies: PyQt4 was just updated by atilla, some packages may have been in limbo while you updated the repositories. Go into a terminal:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install pypianobar
And see if it works that way. App Manager only refreshes once or day or something, so I've heard.
i got the following error after doing the apt-get install

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pypianobar: Depends: python2.5-qt4 but it is not going to be installed.
e: Broken Packages"

The Following User Says Thank You to karim0028 For This Useful Post:
i got the following error after doing the apt-get install

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pypianobar: Depends: python2.5-qt4 but it is not going to be installed.
e: Broken Packages"
Hrmm... I see a problem in the python package..

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...t4/4.7-maemo2/

Shows a dependency on python2.5-qt4-opengl that it's saying doesn't exist.

What do you get if you run:

Code:
apt-get install python2.5-qt4

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Ok, well I've uploaded a new version of pianobar that is built on the lastest sources from the primary site. Version e079b45.

I also decided to go ahead and submit pypianobar 0.9 into the repositories. This might fix your dependency problem.. instead of depending on the *entire* python2.5-qt4 set of packages I specifically put python2.5-qt4-gui in there.

Should require much less to be downloaded, and will hopefully get around your problem.

I really need testers on this version.. you should have four new menu options:
User/Pass
Lastfm.User/Pass
Station Create
Station Delete

I have also improved error management, if pianobar crashes for any reason it will tell you what pianobar said, and it will try to restart it 3 times. After the third consecutive crash it will shutdown the app. As soon as a song or station list is retrieved it resets that counter to 0.

There have been several other odds and ends added... please, please, please provide feedback on the new version.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-01-30 at 19:06.

I've promoted pianobar to Extras-Testing.

As it's the base for both mine and Bratag's Front-ends, and requires very little maintenance.. I would like it to get voted on and pushed to extras so everyone can at least have pandora radio from the command line .

Vote!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-14 at 20:42.

I entered what I though was my username that was wrong (forgot it was my email). Now the app starts and tries to use this wrong username 3 times and then quits so I never have the chance to enter the correct one. I can use some basic terminal commands and am trying to find out how to clear out my username and password do I can enter the proper ones. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to palmsolo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by palmsolo View Post
I entered what I though was my username that was wrong (forgot it was my email). Now the app starts and tries to use this wrong username 3 times and then quits so I never have the chance to enter the correct one. I can use some basic terminal commands and am trying to find out how to clear out my username and password do I can enter the proper ones. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!
Go into an xterm.
cd /home/user/.config/pianobar
Then use an editor (probably vi) to look at the config file there.
Put in the correct username and password.
Save the file

then you should be ok.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Sorry, im ******ed I was entering my username and forgot that it was my email not just my handle... ie. was missing @gmail.com

It seems to work now.
I am having the same issue after making the same mistake, but I can't figure out how to get my correct username into pyPianobar. Can you tell me what you did to get it working?

Updated pianobar as someone noticed I had a typo.

Vote for this one in testing to get it promoted.

And what Bratag said is correct, it saved your username and password to "~/.config/pianobar/config". It's a good idea to have pyPianobar trap and invalid user/password and prompt again. Thanks for the feedback, it won't be hard to add.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-14 at 20:42.

Oops, forgot that last config entry. Found the file and editing in Leafpad now. Thanks all.

Last edited by palmsolo; 2010-01-31 at 23:08.