Active Topics

Hi all
Is there any one that have moved from N900 to the Nexus One, who can tell his/her experience?
I am about to do it and I would like to hear some comments regarding it.
Thanks

EDIT: Please donīt turn this into a battle of N900 vs Nexus One!

Last edited by dhcmega; 2010-06-11 at 14:48.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
If there is anyone around that did it, they are probably to ashamed to admit it :P

They should not!!! I now of a company that should be.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
i am about to do this and looking forward! adroid operating system is much better and more mature, but most importantly it is fully backed by google.....
unlike nokia who is hiding in fear of ever n900 buyer throwing the n900 back at them

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Anwarboy11 View Post
i am about to do this and looking forward! adroid operating system is much better and more mature, but most importantly it is fully backed by google.....
unlike nokia who is hiding in fear of ever n900 buyer throwing the n900 back at them
Hi, thanks for you answer, but letīs try not to turn this into a phone battle. Just want to hear user experiences of moving from one to other. Thanks!

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
To be honest, I'm not sure how much of a useful answer you will get from here. If someone has ditched their N900 for a Nexus, then they are likely to no longer be reading this forum. You could try asking on an Android forum.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
You are probably right.
But I think that everybody will say that I should change to it. I will like a linux user o experienced user to expose experiences.
But you are probably right and I should post there.

I will be getting Nexus next to my N900 while waiting for the MeeGo device.
Best example i did read was in a finnish forum where a guy said that when he is on a move he usually takes Nexus, when there's no hurry he uses N900 to browse the net, listen music(multitask) etc.

So the tablet bloodline shows.

My educated guess would be that N900 got better camera, multitasking is done better and browser is better, especially if you have overclocked N900.
Nexus One is sleeker, Android could be better option depending on what you want, better portrait support, more apps and like N900 there's viral community for hacks and what not(something i find important).

Last edited by tissot; 2010-06-11 at 16:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Related to this; has anyone tried to port Android to N900?
Nokia is not officially interested to bring MeeGo to N900 and support for Maemo will diminsh.
Maybe Google would get interested to support N900 with Android and Google-applications.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia
Two of my friends got HTC Desire (which is similar to Nexus One) and honestly said - as a N900 user I did not like it.

For me pros are apps, responsibility and integrated compass

Cons
- lack of landscape mode :-) (only some applications do support landscape mode), I got used to the landscape mode of N900
- lack of true multitasking
- lack HW keyboard
- locked device (no shell - sure you can jailbreak it and have one)

At least if you are a linux user - don't swap n900 for android phone, you will be disappointed.

The Following User Says Thank You to lomo For This Useful Post: