Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm using the script option. How often is the script run? Currently using it for a countdown "23days 6hours 20minutes", but it's not very useful, as it seems the script is only run once.

Just bought it, but I get what for me is an all-too-familiar download/installation error. Tried a second N9 and the same thing happens. The second is a spare and a very clean setup (not really used after flashing to PR1.2) so I'm not sure a reflash will help, and I'm waiting for PR1.3 to do that in any case.

My experience contacting Ovi store in the past for app installation problems has been pretty hopeless as the query gets passed to Nokia Canada. The N9 isn't supported in Canada so they're not interested and they pass the buck back to the developer

Frustrating as the app looks very useful.

Any know a script for Idle usage ? That would be very useful.

Thomas Perl - "the Pearl of Harmattan".

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
Have just downloaded and installed. Great app! Works like a charm together with MeeCast. Well done Thomas!. LOOK forward to further additions/improvements.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by decibyte View Post
I'm using the script option. How often is the script run? Currently using it for a countdown "23days 6hours 20minutes", but it's not very useful, as it seems the script is only run once.
Right now (1.0.0 and 1.0.1), it's only run when something else changes, e.g. if you put the battery percentage on there, it's run every time the battery percentage changes.

In the next version (1.0.2), it will be run every 30-60 minutes (using a system-aligned timer, so when other applications are woken up in that time window, Billboard will update). I didn't include the auto-update in the first place, because I wanted to see how such a regular timer affects the battery usage.

Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
Just bought it, but I get what for me is an all-too-familiar download/installation error. Tried a second N9 and the same thing happens.
I see two options: Try reflashing PR1.2 and then try installing it (without enabling developer mode). Alternatively, enable developer mode, make sure all non-standard apt repos are disabled and then "apt-get update" as root. After that, installation should be possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
Just bought it, but I get what for me is an all-too-familiar download/installation error. Tried a second N9 and the same thing happens. The second is a spare and a very clean setup (not really used after flashing to PR1.2) so I'm not sure a reflash will help, and I'm waiting for PR1.3 to do that in any case.

Frustrating as the app looks very useful.
I faced the same problem. I ran apt-get clean. restarted phone & it worked. Recently I'm seeing the installation problem from ovi store very frequently

The Following User Says Thank You to achilles333 For This Useful Post:
I faced the download error too, when updating from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1. It failed on multiple tries. I then rebooted and it installed on the first try.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Very cool! Thanks Decided to download with meecast compatibility enabled.

One thing, I have my phone language as english but full date is displayed in finnish as my regional format is set to finnish. Could this me changed?

Is there a countdown script, like "xx days to billboard update", available to work with coming version?

Thanks again for this app!

edit: One morw thing, would it be possible to choose wether the meecast widget is displayed above or below the billboard text?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by PeterSmurffiPan; 2012-06-05 at 18:34.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by PeterSmurffiPan View Post
Is there a countdown script, like "xx days to billboard update", available to work with coming version
It's just a few lines of code. Aren't you able to create it yourself? Else, I'd happily share my countdown script.

The Following User Says Thank You to decibyte For This Useful Post: