Active Topics

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Wisconsin
not much to add but same problem for me.. the Widgets dissapear and when I read add them they appear on the desktop they were on originally..

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened too. It happens randomly for me, and it just happened again. Had to re-add all my widgets to my desktops where they were. The only good thing I've found, is if you go to the particular homescreen the widget was on, and then add it, it remembers the correct position..

Still - there has to be more information out there about this...

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Gizmokid2005 View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened too. It happens randomly for me, and it just happened again. Had to re-add all my widgets to my desktops where they were. The only good thing I've found, is if you go to the particular homescreen the widget was on, and then add it, it remembers the correct position..

Still - there has to be more information out there about this...
I've experienced this too...

My guess is it's because of a "bad" desktop widget. Couldn't yet isolate it to a specific one, but it looks like the problem stops after removing the defected widget (for me removing all and re-applying only part of them solved the issue).

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
I've experienced this too...

My guess is it's because of a "bad" desktop widget. Couldn't yet isolate it to a specific one, but it looks like the problem stops after removing the defected widget (for me removing all and re-applying only part of them solved the issue).
I tried that, I thought it was one of my MP widgets, so I removed it and it still happened...quite honestly, I think it might be the conversations widget...I even tried it..still fails.

if only there was a log of it to look at...

The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmokid2005 For This Useful Post:
Well, I have the same problems where the widget keep disappearing, especially when there are updates or i install any new apps.

Also i noticed occassionally my Media Player don't play even i tap on the play button. Finally one day I gives up and decided to never use this widget anymore and I decided to remove the "Media Player" widget,... then I never have this problem EVER!!!. I did do couples of test add and readd and performed updates,etc... now my widgets alway stay.

Hope this help... Give it a try.

Last edited by radiowc; 2010-03-01 at 17:40.

Originally Posted by Gizmokid2005 View Post
I tried that, I thought it was one of my MP widgets, so I removed it and it still happened...quite honestly, I think it might be the conversations widget...I even tried it..still fails.

if only there was a log of it to look at...

Yes is seems to be the conversation widget. Added it and it messed things up, removed it and things got better again.

I don't think that its the conversation widget because I do not have that installed and still I have the issue with disappearing. I think that it is related to media player widget. My MP widget constantly stop working and I have to remove and add it again to make it work. As soon as I remove MP widget my CPU, OMWeather and Simple FM Transmitter widget disappear.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
its the media player widget..ever since stopped using it i had no problems

for sure 100% it is Media player widget..I test and always this widget do this issue..

Is there a bug at bmo? I'd vote for it.