Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Erlangen, Germany
Hey folks,

after searching this forum and others sites I'm still not sure whether maemo 5 on the N900 will fully support iSync.
Well, for me as a Mac user it would be a must. Wondering why nobody else is curious about it...

Thinking seriously about buying an iPhone or giving the N900 a chance.

What do you think?

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by SmartMic View Post
Hey folks,

after searching this forum and others sites I'm still not sure whether maemo 5 on the N900 will fully support iSync.
Well, for me as a Mac user it would be a must. Wondering why nobody else is curious about it...

Thinking seriously about buying an iPhone or giving the N900 a chance.

What do you think?
Nokia has generally provided iSync plugins in the support site. However, there's no way of knowing yet whether/when they are going to provide a plugin for the N900. My guess would be that it's not among the top priorities.

However, N900 supports SyncML and there's a whole community of developers some of whom also might want the ability to sync the device with Macs.

This might be a good starting point:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/libra...roduction.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@smartmic: another option to consider is to sync your contacts, todo and calendars to google services. There's a higher chance that the n900 will be able to sync to google services.

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@smartmic: another option to consider is to sync your contacts, todo and calendars to google services. There's a higher chance that the n900 will be able to sync to google services.
I really wonder where that want to give all your data to google comes from. No way I'd give them my calendar, much less my contacts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to range For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@range: yeah. might want to check their EULA first. But it's not as if they get it for free if I'm also getting something out of it.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
I was just in the flagship store in Helsinki. I asked the same questions about iSync Plugins. I was told that Mac OS X is not a priority for Nokia. When I asked what would be a compelling reason for me or any Mac user to purchase the N900, the music was the only thing missing with the tap dancing. In all honesty, I cannot see a reason why any Mac user should pluck down their money on unsupported Nokia products. If the N900 had an iSync plugin, I would own one, but as it stands, chances are I will stay with the iPhone.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hove, UK
If you can bear the notion of going via Google, I've compiled a guide here on how to do it.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
Have a look at https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2793#c17 . There is a bug in the current firmware which stops iSync from working, but it will work with the next firmware release.

I´ll support your question! Iphoneusers wont get n900 if isync fails!!!! Developers........do ya thing:-)

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by scudderfish View Post
Have a look at https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2793#c17 . There is a bug in the current firmware which stops iSync from working, but it will work with the next firmware release.
I can't wait for this legendary new firmware if that's the case. Not having a way to sync my N900 with my Mac is killing me