Active Topics

Seems like my N9 (commercial which I use for dev too) just autocrippled itself.
Symptom is booting hangs (not past first Nokia logo).

Surprising as all I was doing was some terminal stuff (via ssh).
I had wazzap running in the background, and checked a facebook notification (from the lock screen); notification gave an error, n9 booted; stuck in NOKIA logo..
HELP!

EDIT : a few more info on my terminal usage, GPG stuff going on (key generation etc); terminal from PC got crippled a few times (displaying funny characters etc). This raises the fear of it having overwritten something it was not supposed to - but that should not really be possible, right?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2013-08-26 at 11:57.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The symptoms seem like the removal of mp-harmattan is to be blamed...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
The symptoms seem like the removal of mp-harmattan is to be blamed...

mp-harmattan?
EDIT : aaaaah f*ck.....I removed some self-made samples I had installed :/

Crap, will need to reflash os then right?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Indeed a reflash is what's needed but if in open mode you should be able to untar a brand new rootfs via ubiboot's maintenance mode...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Indeed a reflash is what's needed but if in open mode you should be able to untar a brand new rootfs via ubiboot's maintenance mode...
Open mode hah
I remember at some point there was a safe-boot mode on the n9 - or was it the n900..

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Just open-mode-it, don't worry and remove that warning...

Maybe you are referring to RescueOS for the N900...The N9 only has backupmenu and ubiboot's maintenance console...

Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
Just open-mode-it, don't worry and remove that warning...

Only test device for my apps unfortunately, need to keep it as close to consumer as possible :/

I am heavily puzzled by what has caused the removal of the mp-harmattan (and most likely all the dependent packages)...
the samples I was removing (from application manager btw) where done by me, and really small (> 10 KB)
Does the device store the dmesg somewhere? I would be intresting to investigate this.

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2013-08-26 at 12:22.

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
check /var/log/ there should be something.
There was error with dependencies for sure, happened to me several times...
Anyhow, open-mode will not make your device far away from consumer device at all...

To the creator of the Navifirm (as I know you are out here),
here's a suggestion for your sw : download manager.