Hi! I read this great forum by a lot of time, but this is the first time I write. I bought my n9 six months ago, and I'm very happy. Now I got this problem: whatever deb I launch, i got "Installazione non riuscita" and "Installazione interrotta" (Installation failed and installation aborted).
I can add that immediately before, when I tried to install waze, I got a message about the cache (I don't remember more), I reboot, and now the error. It happens with new .deb, but also with .deb I've already installed. Another strange thing is that if a go in the setup-application, if I touch "updates" ("aggiornamenti" in italian) the page is empty. Yesterday it shows 4 app to be update...
Any suggestion?
thanx
Maxx

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Can you first show what are the *exact* commands you type when you install a package?

I just click the .deb using "download" menù, or browsing using filemanager.
Now I discover that I can't use the keyboard: nothing appear! It already happened some time ago, and a simply unistalled quickVoice app, rebooted and everything went ok. This time, if I try to unistall quickvoice I get..... an error! No way to unistall it. Don't know what to do..

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
ssh into your device and do as root "apt-get install -f" the issue should then be fixed but post the output of the above here if it still doesn't work...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Did you used auto-catch option from N9QT ?
If yes, disable this option..

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
ssh into your device and do as root "apt-get install -f" the issue should then be fixed but post the output of the above here if it still doesn't work...
Thnx for the advice. I had no patience, so I restore the firmware before reading your message Thanx anyway, I searched for ssh and I learned something new. Next time I know....

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Did you used auto-catch option from N9QT ?
If yes, disable this option..
I'had n9qt installed, but I don't know what is "auto-catch option": I searched for it in the pdf, but I found nothing, so I don't think I do that! Thnx!

Now I got 2 problem: the first is for the gallery that doesn't update, and I found the solution here... The other is for wazzapp, and now I go to ask in the right 3d.

Tags
n9 is, not for you