Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Those Android and iPhone clients were developed by whom?
android community guys also iphone community guys.

comeon n900 comunity guys, make us such an app like them.

The Following User Says Thank You to lolloo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trashcanman View Post
If a steam app would not be possible, how about porting xfire for use on an N900 www.xfire.com

If this could be done, this would make my n900 the ultimate smart phone / internet tablet
dont forget its already ported to ANDROID.
fully functional Xfire client!!!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
It appears the Steam Friends protocol isn't open, but it has been reverse engineered, at least in part.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Is it just me, or are we talking to Agent Smiths...?

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
the "android community" didn't develop any steam app, it was actually some hackers that reverse engineered the rest of the protocol, which is encryted.
also, please learn what "port" means, in this context it means to take the source of the program and adapt it.
if you haven't figured it out yet, what you're asking for is very difficult. obviously not impossible, since raptr and that other android app can do it. but unless you can get them to port their own software, or release some info, i really don't think anyone here is gonna be working on this.

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
the "android community" didn't develop any steam app, it was actually some hackers that reverse engineered the rest of the protocol, which is encryted.
also, please learn what "port" means, in this context it means to take the source of the program and adapt it.
if you haven't figured it out yet, what you're asking for is very difficult. obviously not impossible, since raptr and that other android app can do it. but unless you can get them to port their own software, or release some info, i really don't think anyone here is gonna be working on this.
so there is about 4 or more steam app in android market, and you think they are ALL BY "SOME" HACKER? SO WHAT?

omg hackers are developers too.

enjoy screenies:

1)Steam friends app

2)SteamCompanion [Beta]

3) SteamMobile

and the list goes on, but i figure, android developers are more skilled than n900 developers.

Last edited by lolloo; 2011-01-13 at 01:07.

N900 is bad when it comes to connecting to outer world! heh

if you dont know what is "outside world", it means anything that has a soul and lives beyond your appartment and your phone.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
And by the very same definition, beyond the Steam user base, right?

I mean, the "outside" concept...

The Following User Says Thank You to esiravegna For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
N900 is bad when it comes to connecting to outer world! heh

if you dont know what is "outside world", it means anything that has a soul and lives beyond your appartment and your phone.
You know, I'd like this sort of application too. But if someone like you is being such a huge dick, it might drive away people who would be willing to do it.

Of course, this sort of antagonistic, demanding post isn't out of character for you

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
yes thats right - insult the devs you want to do free work for you. Once you reach 1000000 nag posts on the same topic - these guys will bow to your demands and magically produce your app.

talk about an entitlement attitude - heres a free book recommendation - how to win friends and influence people by dale carnegie

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:

Tags
frigging noob, just shoot me, kindergarten, op is an idiot, schizophrenia!