Hi there!

I bought an N9 a few day ago and have fallen in love with the operating system. Getting around by swiping is just so intuitive.

I am trying to set up an CalDAV-Sync since I cannot sync several calendars with Nokia Suite. The sync works perfectly on Thunderbird/Lightning and on Android, but not on the N9 :-(

When I set up the CalDAV account, it showed the available calendars absolutely corrrectly and listed them in the calendar app. However, when I try to sync, CalDAV keeps asking me for my password over and over again. Whenever I type it in, it tries to log on, but comes back to me asking me again to enter my password. It doesn't seem to be able to log onto the server for some reason. And it doesn't seem to use or store the password I entered when creating the CalDAV account.

With google calender, I didn't encounter these problems. However, I do not want to save my calendar data with google...

Has anyone encountered anything similar? Has anyone an idea, what might be causing this trouble?

Thanks a lot,

Jan.

The Following User Says Thank You to jw243 For This Useful Post:
I got the server logs back from the server I am trying to log on to.The result is quite interesting, yet puzzling:

When I set the CalDAV account up, the server log looks perfectly allright, the username and password are accepted and the n9 finds the calenders it is supposed to find.

When I try to sync later on, it appears from the server log, that the server recognizes an incorrect username, which looks like being part of the server/url string I put into the third field of the CalDAV interface when creating the account. It tries to identify my as "@" followed by the server name www.xxx.com, which is completely different from my correct username.

Now, the question is whether the n9 sends somehow the wrong username or whether the server identifies the username wrongly.

Ideas anybody?

The Following User Says Thank You to jw243 For This Useful Post:
I have found out now, that the server doesn't receive a username at all, whenever I try to sync my calendars. The corresponding field in the server log is empty.

Is it a bug of the CalDAV App on the N9 or a bug of the server?

When I set up the CalDAV-Sync in Thunderbird/Lightning with the same server, it works like a charm.

By the way, the username consists of my mail address. But then, Google calendar doesn't seem to have any problems recognising a mail address as username sent from the n9.

Very strange indeed...

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Be aware of the bug that you cannot see events past 39 days when syncing with caldav.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1244209

Yes, I have read about that. But I have also read, that there is quite a simple way around it, pressing a few buttons and all the appointments can be seen. That is ok for me.

I have also noticed, that I cannot sync past appointments if they are more than 2 weeks in the past. Is that true or is there a setting I can change?

Hi guys!

I'm getting a different error. I have a new N9 and when I try to add a google calendar o CaldAv account, the message that I don't havw enough space on my disc appears, saying I have to free some space first. WTH? Has anyone ever seen this?

Originally Posted by elvisenna View Post
Hi guys!

I'm getting a different error. I have a new N9 and when I try to add a google calendar o CaldAv account, the message that I don't havw enough space on my disc appears, saying I have to free some space first. WTH? Has anyone ever seen this?
Hi,

You can try this:
https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<emailaddress>/events
<emailaddress> is the Google email address.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cl11 For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=cl11;1361970]Hi,
Originally Posted by cl11 View Post
Hi, thanks a bunch, it work but just take out the events at the very end, it should be the email only and slash =)

You can try this:
https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<emailaddress>/events
<emailaddress> is the Google email address.

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
[QUOTE=imna357;1415456]
Originally Posted by cl11 View Post
Hi,
@imna357: Does this work for you? I just receive message server or URL address is wrong

Sorry for bumping this thread, but it seems Google CalDav is no more available.
After I've changed the password for my google account, CalDav on my N9 stopped syncing and started asking for a new password. I tried entering it several times, but had no success, though I'm sure it was typed correctly; then I deleted the CalDav from Accounts. Now, when I'm trying to add new caldav acc, fill in all the fields, and press 'Sign in' it says:
"You can't use calendar in this device right now. Please turn service calendar on first and try again"

Any thoughts? Anyone can confirm this?