Notices

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Qatar | http://pininthemap.com/maemo
1. Recitation.

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
I think a big feature with the releated features would be good to concentrate on.
I would like to make a request.. i.e about recitation ( 1a. full surah recitation, 1b. page recitation, 1c.verse recitation,)
1d. repeat function: repeat each Ayah 'n' times; where the value of 'n' can be set by the user. (useful for memorization etc.)

--
2. Fix the end of aya mark with the font. ?
3. theme the sura header.
4. Night mode
5. Prevent display dimming
--
6. maybe add an option to read out loud the translation with espeak
7. search feature to search in translations
13. Use the new logo (new logo?! how does it look..)

Last edited by anees; 2011-09-10 at 18:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to anees For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anees View Post
1. Recitation.

1d. repeat function: repeat each Ayah 'n' times; where the value of 'n' can be set by the user. (useful for memorization etc.)

--
2. Fix the end of aya mark with the font. ?
3. theme the sura header.
4. Night mode
5. Prevent display dimming
--
6. maybe add an option to read out loud the translation with espeak
7. search feature to search in translations
13. Use the new logo (new logo?! how does it look..)
new logo...
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=202

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
@laith.m.y What's "Add scroll indicator" ??

@TransTech I fixed the bug. Thanks for reposting.
I can make the fade in animation a bit faster if that's really in issue
I cannot take the new logo into use before I can give the creator credit in the about page. If you can handle that then please check with him.

@TransTech The recitation icon is not square
Could you please fix that ?
Could you also prepare an icon to "Add recitation" ? It will be used to show the page that has the instructions on how to download and install a recitation.

Since recitations is the most wanted feature so far, I already started implementing it. I just need to clarify a few points:
1) No recitations will be downloaded from the application itself. The file is large and I have to resume the download when the app gets restarted and/or the phone gets disconnected... That will be hard to get right.

2) Recitations are simply installed by downloading them from http://zekr.org/resources.html#recitation and copying the extracted files to a specific folder (I'll give the details later). The application will then detect the new folder and present the new recitation.

3) There will be no recitations for translations. Make your own recitation (I'll give full details later) and copy the mp3 files also to a folder and it will be played by the application.

4) I guess I will not implement reading the translations with espeak. Someone (ejasmudar ? ) can write a simple application that extracts the translation text and uses espeak to generate mp3 files and install them as you do with custom recitations. I will provide all the help needed to whoever decides to write such an application but I'm really sorry guys. I cannot do it. Not enough time.
I can also provide a C++ or python class to read the text of a translation.

5) I am planning to implement reading of a single aya, a full sura and a full page. Repeating an aya can also be done.

We just need to think how the UI will behave.

Playing a single aya can be done by long pressing on an aya (Just like adding and removing bookmarks).
Playing a single sura can be done via a speaker icon in the sura header.

Where should we put an icon for playing a page ?
Where should we put an icon for repeating an aya ?
What will happen if you are playing a recitation and then you switch the page ?
I want to put an icon to stop the recitation. Where should that be ?

I'm also thinking about an idea: holding the phone upside down for a second (Display towards the floor) should stop the recitation. What do you guys think ?

What does everybody think about that ?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
i'm unable to change the font size...any fixes for this? and yes, I have the latest CSSU update.

Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
i'm unable to change the font size...any fixes for this? and yes, I have the latest CSSU update.
What's the problem exactly ? Please update to the latest (0.3.10-1) and try again.

ohh perfect!...just updated! thanks

all it needs now is audio

Last edited by nokiaqueen; 2011-09-10 at 23:08.

Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
ohh perfect!...just updated! thanks

all it needs now is audio
Glad it worked for you.

I started working on audio already. Please read the above post and share your opinion.

ok I like the new icon for Holy Quran posted by transtech...also what you can do is move the T (translation) icon and just add it in settings ....and put audio icon where the T originally was.

Holding the phone facing the floor? Qur'anic verses facing the floor...naaahh I don't think that's such a good idea mmm how about pressing the audio button again to stop it?

Last edited by nokiaqueen; 2011-09-10 at 23:30.

Excellent ideas, its only facing the floor not actually touching so don't understand why that's not a good idea!

If people what to go down that route then the mobile phone contains the Qur'an do we hold the phone in state of Wudu?

Love your ideas man!

that's just my opinion...I wouldn't face verses of the Qur'an towards the floor. Anyways it's his app, and what majority wants will end up happening.

Tags
religulous