Posts: 62 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ New Hampshire, US
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Seriously... all this for a fecking phone. You'd be better off just getting a cheap flip-phone and a netbook, for the price and trouble this is worth.
Forge the cheap flip-phone. For the N9 price at Expansys you can buy an SGS-II to go with that netbook.

The Following User Says Thank You to bobh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Dubai, they have all of the colors and the prices are somewhat reasonable. Malaysia still has the absolute best price(s) though.

I've been in contact with Mobicity.com.au - needing to send in passport, driver license, et al... that's pretty invasive in my view. I understand that they are trying to avoid fraud; find a better system though.
Hey guys,

I just stumbled upon this thread (didn’t read all 28 pages though!), and I think I may be able to help. I currently reside in Australia, but I was born and grew up in Malaysia. I’ve still got contacts in Malaysia that can possibly help if it’s going to be a bulk order.

I can possibly do that here in Australia as well, but seeing as Malaysia has the best prices (and I've got better contacts "Nokia distributor wise" there), it might be better for me to start there first.

How shall we do this? Gerbick – what kind of quantities are you looking at now? How will delivery be sorted? Maybe you can PM me for us to discuss further?

I see an opportunity for me to give back to the community now, so why not try?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jinx405 For This Useful Post:
jinx 405,
Take note that 16GB Cyan is currently not available in Msia. Dealer said possibly next month,Nov. Black & Magenta 16GB are available

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
jinx 405,
Take note that 16GB Cyan is currently not available in Msia. Dealer said possibly next month,Nov. Black & Magenta 16GB are available
thanks for the update eaglehelang (i see what you did there!). i'll wait for numbers etc first and we'll take it from there

For those who want to cut or buy a micro-sim please bear in mind there is an older type which will not work on the N9 and a newer type. More details here:

http://theidealmobile.blogspot.com/2...ork-error.html

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Is there a better way to indicate interest or be added to the list other than just saying "please add me"?

I'm interested in a 64gb of any color, or maybe a 16gb if we can get the price down to a reasonable point.

Also I'm assuming that the 'branding' any carrier puts on can be blown away with a reflash of the clean OS?

Thanks all!

[insert some well crafted snark about elop and trojan horses etc....]

i would be interested in a 64gb in black if this does go down

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hypoxic View Post
Also I'm assuming that the 'branding' any carrier puts on can be blown away with a reflash of the clean OS?
You never know. About 3 months ago I entered security code to N950 for Track & Protect. Of course by the time I flashed the new FW some weeks ago, I had forgotten all about it. Upon activating Track & Protect again, the phone was asking me the security code once I booted. I had a hell of a time remembering what it was .

So, it could be that the branding is also put into a protected space where flashing doesn't erase it. Doing it for the security code makes sense. Some carriers might feel it makes sense for their branding too

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
You never know. About 3 months ago I entered security code to N950 for Track & Protect. Of course by the time I flashed the new FW some weeks ago, I had forgotten all about it. Upon activating Track & Protect again, the phone was asking me the security code once I booted. I had a hell of a time remembering what it was .

So, it could be that the branding is also put into a protected space where flashing doesn't erase it. Doing it for the security code makes sense. Some carriers might feel it makes sense for their branding too
I would think that it registered with a service using imei. That wouldn't change in a reflash.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jinx405 View Post
Hey guys,

I just stumbled upon this thread (didn’t read all 28 pages though!), and I think I may be able to help. I currently reside in Australia, but I was born and grew up in Malaysia. I’ve still got contacts in Malaysia that can possibly help if it’s going to be a bulk order.

I can possibly do that here in Australia as well, but seeing as Malaysia has the best prices (and I've got better contacts "Nokia distributor wise" there), it might be better for me to start there first.

How shall we do this? Gerbick – what kind of quantities are you looking at now? How will delivery be sorted? Maybe you can PM me for us to discuss further?

I see an opportunity for me to give back to the community now, so why not try?
jinx405, I am interested in 64gb blk, count me in. Had asked eaglehang earlier but no response from him...

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop